pip review help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review help please

mikky
mikky Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
hi guys and girls, i had my f2f pip review done 8 weeks ago, i called and asked for a copy of my assesment report 2 weeks ago but have yet to receive it.
i called dwp on thursday and was told that my assesment had to many discrepencies that flagged up with the decision maker, they told me to call back today as the dm would have the advice he requested and my decision.
i have called today and been told they are not sure what is happening but i just need to wait, i also asked where my assesment report is and was told they wont be sending the original report as it will not be the one they base their decision on.
im very confused as to what is going on. i was told i scored 0 points on both parts of pip although the assesor had numerous letters stating my mental health problems and how they affect me even one clearly stating i have a severe mental impairement that affects me day to day that is life term.
i am being told it is prob because the lady who done the report has scored me 0 and that they want to get a second opinion.
i have been in receipt of enhanced living for 2 years and at this assesment i provided even more evidence yet get a 0.
i have been so anxious and scared i thought i would try and get some advice on here.
why wont they send my report?
any help would be great.
i have adhd,ocd,anxiety,depression and tourettes syndrome to name a few.

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    This is the second post regarding the poor quality of the assessment report.
    More than likely, you will be told to go through another assessment because the first one was rubbish. Blame the claimant, it's easier than training assessors to do a proper job.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @milky,Hello and welcome, have you migrated from DLA to PIP...?? If this is the case then the reasons your claim is being investigated is that the criteria for claiming the benefits are different DLA was is about your disability and PIP is about your abilities to cope and manage daily activities safely, repeatedly and a a timely manner. Please keep the us updated.
  • mikky
    hi guys i had my pip review 7 weeks ago and was told last week to call today and get my decision.
    they have not made a decision yet and im getting very confused as to whats going on.
    i rang 2 weeks ago and asked for my report and was told it was on its way to me, im yet to receive this.
    i spoke to a case manager who said i would not be getting my report as my decision would not be made on that report,
    i asked him to explain a little more to which he said that my assesor scored me 0 points on both parts of pip but that had flagged up with quality assurance team or something like that.
    he has asked for advice and another report to base his decision off, am i not allowed to see my original report?
    i have been in receipt of enhanced living up until my f2f review where i provided more evidence from my doctors etc.
    even a letter stating i have a severe mental impairement that affects my day to day thinking and functioning that is long term.
    im so stressed and confused and scared as to whats going on.
    i was told today to just wait and not worry but when it comes across that they have no idea what is going on how can i just relax?
    i am guessing that the lady who did my report has made a lot of stuff up and its quite upsetting.
    do they honestly think that i am thrilled getting £330 pm instead of being able to go out and earn £400 per week.
    im really quite hurt and feeling like no matter what evidence they have they just take a guess.
    any advice would be amazing.
    thanks.
  • mikky
    hi wilko, no i have been on pip for 2 years now and just had my review to see if it continues.
    the assesor even said in the room i hope you get what you deserve but the dwp are complete t**s at the moment.
    i really wish i had been recording.
    i feel like i am not being believed at all but i have stacks of evidence dating back to 2010 when i was diagnosed.
  • mikky
    i have been advised that they require no more from me and to just see it out now until i get my decision.
    the lady said at least the dm is looking into it thoroughly opposed to just agreeing with report.
    she said some people would see this as negative but most would see this as a positive.
    so i am going to try and forget about this whole ordeal for a little while.

• Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    They are all blaming each other. The DWP told me to blame the assessors. And apologised saying that the assessors were supposed to be good but obviously were not. At the end of the day those people in those rooms are getting paid to get people off. And they will use all sorts of manipulative tactics to do so.
  • Singing
    And the people paying those assessors to make sure that everybody gets off is the DWP!
  • mikky
    very true its a corrupt system. i said to them why do you employ people to do assesments that are clearly not trained in the right fields? i made a point of saying its not some kind of joke and that their complete half arsed attitude is destroying peoples lives.
    sorry for ranting i have just felt so wound up and gob smacked trying to figure out their way of thinking.

• Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Sounds to me you need some professional help. When you get private profit making companies to do the F2F assessments, all that matters is they get paid. Citizens advice will be able to help, I'm sure.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • mikky
    good call that, i will get some help tomorrow.
    drained for today.
    thanks guys.
  • Singing
    edited April 2019
     Yes I agree it is not worth trying to figure out why or how they are thinking what they do, because they obviously are not thinking. People are literally Very extremely negatively impacted by this. So if you want that on your soul, that is on them. My attitude now is to just not trust them at all not even one tiny bit. It is criminal what they are doing. Hiring fake professionals. What on earth is a health professional  anyway? What exact training have they had ? Obviously none at all because there are people with all sorts of disabilities that are being left with nothing. It is criminal.
  • Singing
    So just know that you are not alone, this is happening to so many people. Let’s just keep fighting the good fight-  in my opinion these people are all going to hell anyway… So let’s just stand up for ourselves and each other and keep at it. Peace
  • mikky
    @Singing i couldnt agree more, i do not know how they sleep at night.
    they ask for evidence and we provide it and then its not even taken in to account.
    its like they have made their minds up that you are a liar or a fraud regardless of what paper work you have from your docs etc.
    they have got away with this for way to long and like you say people are deteriating drastically,
    some even ending their lives due to overwhelming worry and stress that should not be there.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    mikky said:
    like you say people are deteriating drastically, some even ending their lives due to overwhelming worry and stress that should not be there.
    The DWP minister gave out a very misleading statement last month when she said that ALL (270,000) claimants over the age of 65 will automatically get a 10 year award for the very reason that you have stated.
    Turns out that what she said is part truth, part lie, part confusion.
    So I doubt the DWP will anytime soon feel awful about anybody claiming PIP, young or old.
  • mikky
    quick update guys as i am still in complete shock.
    i rang dwp today after stressing due to my report coming back with 0 points only to be told that decision maker made their decision yesterday and due to me having so much detailed evidence of my problems and the dm getting a report from a different assessor they have awarded me enhanced on both parts until 2023.
    thank you for your input and help.
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    mikky said:
    quick update guys as i am still in complete shock.
    i rang dwp today after stressing due to my report coming back with 0 points only to be told that decision maker made their decision yesterday and due to me having so much detailed evidence of my problems and the dm getting a report from a different assessor they have awarded me enhanced on both parts until 2023.
    thank you for your input and help.
    Nice one, glad the site helped.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @mikky, thank you for updating us, that's such great news and must be a huge relief! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • Singing
    :) happy for you , sorry you went through that 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.