Decision maker requested adjustments on PIP assessment report. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision maker requested adjustments on PIP assessment report.

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Called up this morning as my partners assessment still hadn't arrived 2 weeks after requesting. I was informed that the decision maker has requested adjustments to the report due to mistakes within the report.

Has anyone had this happen before, I really hope my partner is now not relying on the memory of an assessor.

the lady is going to send the current report out so at least I can compare the inconsistencies, whether or not they're in our favour. 

Comments

• mikky
    mikky Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    im going through a similar thing at the moment, i rang and asked for my report and was told that the decision maker has asked for advice and help from the quality assurance team or something due to my report being inaccurate.
    but was told that it shows they are extremely thorough and take great care when dealing with each individuals claim.
    i was told i could not have a copy of my original report.
    very odd.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Oh, what companies did the assessments? (just out of curiosity), I had my PIP assessment last week.
  • mikky
    i believe it was atos.
    i am annoyed with myself for not recording the assessment because the is going to be quite a few lies on the report by the sounds of it.
  • AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Ours was with capita 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @mikky sorry to hear that :(  I actually recorded it this time although the assessor seemed surprised? My Son had requested it to be recorded over a week earlier.

Thanks @AhhBisto my home assessment was with Capita.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    mikky said:
    ...........my report being inaccurate.but was told that it shows they are extremely thorough and take great care when dealing with each individuals claim.

:

Now I have to laugh at that comment given to you by the DWP. Great care and thorough? That very rarely happens if you read the many posts on here regarding ESA and PIP assessments as well as the perverse and ludicrous decisions that have been made by the DWP.
  • mikky
    @twonker, i must admit that comment made me chuckle to, i know for a fact that is just not true.
    someone pointed out yesterday that the dwp and assessors both blame each other for being inadequate at their jobs.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The Decision makers can only make an award on the report sent to them from the assessment company so if the assessors have not done their job properly then DWP can't take all the blame.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    wilko said:
    The Decision makers can only make an award on the report sent to them from the assessment company so if the assessors have not done their job properly then DWP can't take all the blame.
    They can and should. especially if additional independent evidence is supplied by the claimant that totally contradicts what the assessor's report says. The DWP are required to look and weigh ALL of the evidence and not just accept what the assessor recommends.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.