amber rudd statement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

amber rudd statement

Options
katkin11
katkin11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone thanks for letting me join/i will be 68 when my next pip assesment for pip comes around (nov2019)i usually have a 3 year assesment but am called in after 2 years,i have ongoing disability and get state pension/will i be called for assesment ?will i be notified if i dont have to attend

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @katkin11 and welcome

At the moment nobody knows. There has been no further announcement as to who, when or how this will be brought into being There is some speculation that the light touch reveiw  for seniors will only apply to people in receipt of enhanced for both
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @katkin11 :) 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @katkin11 and welcome

At the moment nobody knows. There has been no further announcement as to who, when or how this will be brought into being There is some speculation that the light touch reveiw  for seniors will only apply to people in receipt of enhanced for both
    As well as having certain degenerative and life limiting conditions such as Parkinsons or Motor Neurone Disease.
  • Willwill
    Willwill Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    Options
    katkin11 said:
    hi everyone thanks for letting me join/i will be 68 when my next pip assesment for pip comes around (nov2019)i usually have a 3 year assesment but am called in after 2 years,i have ongoing disability and get state pension/will i be called for assesment ?will i be notified if i dont have to attend

Hello katkin. When they notify you ask/request  for a home visit because of your ailments and when you get your visit my advice is to have a independent present with your reassesment ,, all the best Will

• twonker
    Options
    Willwill said:

Hello katkin. When they notify you ask/request  for a home visit because of your ailments and when you get your visit my advice is to have a independent present with your reassesment ,, all the best Will

Obviously it all very much depends on who assesses you. CAPITA are more likely than ATOS to give an automatic home visit if they believe that it is in your interests.
    With ATOS you will have to have evidence that you cannot see the GP at the surgery, they have to come out to you.

In addition it does depend on what your issues are.
    Personally I don't see that it makes any difference whether you have someone with you or not. If the assessment goes bad, the assessor will always argue that what was written on the report actually happened. Whether it did or not or if there was someone with you will not matter. 
  • Willwill
    Options
    @twonker Thanks for remark...when calling by telephone to DWP for a referral and my statement made on the phone to a receptionist typing in to their system , I told her about the discrepancies of report where I had a witness , that receptionist person advised me to inform the independent  witness to send in statement which was a local councillor,  letter from witness to DWP was the advice given , yet the assessor claimed he was not there ,the receptionist did not  state,, as you say,,      ""  did or not or if there was someone with you will not matter.""   
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Willwill said:
    @twonker Thanks for remark...when calling by telephone to DWP for a referral and my statement made on the phone to a receptionist typing in to their system , I told her about the discrepancies of report where I had a witness , that receptionist person advised me to inform the independent  witness to send in statement which was a local councillor,  letter from witness to DWP was the advice given , yet the assessor claimed he was not there ,the receptionist did not  state,, as you say,,      ""  did or not or if there was someone with you will not matter.""   
    In my humble opinion, it matters very much. Like any interview a second person is a witness and at any hearing could be called or their statement read out. You are allowed to video record the assessment as well.  
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options

In my humble opinion, it matters very much. Like any interview a second person is a witness and at any hearing could be called or their statement read out. You are allowed to video record the assessment as well.  
    Can you reference to where this is allowed ?
  • Threesticks
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It was in an information pack ATOS (Who wasn't ATOS ,according to their opperator) sent to me. This is from their www.mypipassessment.co.uk  And go to what happens at an assessment section, it's right at the bottom of the page.
    • Notes and recording your assessment

You might wish to make notes during your face to face assessment. We are not required to take a copy of these for DWP, nor do we need a copy of them. We ask that you retain the notes for your personal use only. It is possible for you to audio record your face to face assessment. There are certain requirements that DWP have set for the audio recording of assessments that you can find in our Frequently Asked Questions.

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Threesticks
    Options

Sessions can be recorded. There are a few important points to note if you wish to do so:

• You will need to give us 3 working days notice before your assessment.
    • We will ask you to sign a recording agreement. This tells you how you can later use the recording, and helps us keep your details confidential.
    • You will need to use your own recording equipment. To protect all parties, DWP restricts approved devices to those that produce two identical recordings simultaneously. Please note that this does not include laptops, tablets, smartphones or MP3 players.

For more information on recording your assessment, please refer to the DWP policy on page 31 of the PIP Assessment Guide, or contact our Customer Service Centre. You’ll find the telephone number on your appointment letter or on our Contact Us page.

• Willwill
    Options
    It was in an information pack ATOS (Who wasn't ATOS ,according to their opperator) sent to me. This is from their website. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/www.mypipassessment.co.uk  And go to what happens at an assessment section, it's right at the bottom of the page.
    • Notes and recording your assessment

You might wish to make notes during your face to face assessment. We are not required to take a copy of these for DWP, nor do we need a copy of them. We ask that you retain the notes for your personal use only. It is possible for you to audio record your face to face assessment. There are certain requirements that DWP have set for the audio recording of assessments that you can find in our Frequently Asked Questions.

@Threesticks Thank you for response ,, I can remember when the government disposed of the corruption and suffering of clients,, the   contracted  french company ATOS was exposed when DLA (before PIP) ,,, when at later time with the introduction of PIP they awarded a new contract to this French company !!!
    the link above does now not exist,, regards Will

• CockneyRebel
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If you look on page 31 of the DWP guide, Video recordings are not allowed

31 APs must publicise these conditions and ideally include them in communications sent to claimants before they attend a face-to-face consultation. Video recording of consultations is not permitted. This is to ensure the safety and privacy of staff and other claimants

• Threesticks
    Options
    Not sure what you mean, the link works fine for me.
  • Threesticks
    Options
    Click the frequently asked questions link, works ok .
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    katkin11 said:

@katkin11 I might have the answer for you regarding your PIP. Going by this update you may just get placed on an ongoing award. Good luck.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• twonker
    Options
    katkin11 said:

@katkin11 I might have the answer for you regarding your PIP. Going by this update you may just get placed on an ongoing award. Good luck.

That still doesn't entirely clarify if there has to be a 'final' reassessment before being given a 10 year award OR that all those who are 65+ irrespective of the award they currently have or the length of their current award or what type of condition that the claimant suffers from. eg. sciatica in one leg/ ingrowing toenail that makes walking difficult beyond 20 metres but no more than 50 metres - Standard Mobility only.

• katkin11
    katkin11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    dont think you can claim pip for an ingrowing toenail/i have artritis/astmah/diabetic/poor eyesight.i was on dla but had to change to pip in 2013,have had 2 assesments with capita,only get the standard care as they took away my mobility
  • twonker
    Options
    katkin11 said:
    dont think you can claim pip for an ingrowing toenail/i have artritis/astmah/diabetic/poor eyesight.i was on dla but had to change to pip in 2013,have had 2 assesments with capita,only get the standard care as they took away my mobility
    You can if by having that problem you can show that you cannot walk more than 50 metres.

My post was around the statement that of those who are 65+ will get a 10 year award even if they only have standard care or standard mobility. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.