Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

l14l21
l14l21 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I called today for result after waiting 9 weeks and was told the decision has been made and a letter posted yesterday but it was not uploaded to the system, so they could not tell me the content of letter.
Is this normal procedure?

Comments

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Yes.
    If you ring today the letter should be visible
  • l14l21
    Called again eventually was told no award and letter is in the post.
    Tribunal now for me can anyone tell me how long do you wait for a tribunal in central Scotland,  got nothing to lose by applying, but thoroughly exhausted by the whole process. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you asked for/ got a copy of the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • l14l21
    It's in the post they said 
    It takes a week to arrive then you have another 3 weeks to submit appeal, they said I would get 2 copies as one is required with appeal papers. 
    Will there be any scores on mr papers?
    Thanks
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Sorry to hear your bad news.
    Yes, the scores will be on the MR letter, in the same format as they ere for the original decision.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    l14l21 said:
    It takes a week to arrive then you have another 3 weeks to submit appeal, they said I would get 2 copies as one is required with appeal papers. 
    Thanks
    This will be the MR decision letter. You should also ask for a copy of the assessment report which is different from the decision letters, it is what the CM uses to make a decision
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • l14l21
    Got letter today no change to decision despite the evidence
    Will take to appeal now
    Does anyone know how long this takes in central Scotland 
    Thanks
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    l14l21 said:
    Thanks
    This will be the MR decision letter. You should also ask for a copy of the assessment report which is different from the decision letters, it is what the CM uses to make a decision
    Not entirely. The decision maker should be using the assessor's report + all of the other evidence submitted + the PIP2 form.
    The decision letter will tell the claimant what evidence they have used to make the decision.
  • l14l21
    Ok thanks 
    Is this different from the capita report that I requested after f2f interview 
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    After speaking with the DM I am of the opinion they pretty much ignore doctors/hospital letters, they do rely very much on the assessment report as your current "snapshot" of how you are and coping with your problems, I will say from my own claim, they just ignore most of the verbal evidence, even with backup (consultants/hospital reports) in mine and my partners case it was around 12 months for court, I hear its a bit longer now (South)
  • l14l21
    Thank you
    Were you successful at appeal
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Yes but the award was for 3 years, and PIP asked for a review 1 year after the court success.
    1 year waiting for court, award made 2 years to run, PIP review 1 year early (not uncommon form what other have said)
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @l14l21  Yes the report the others were asking you to get is the Capita assessment report. They thought you hadn't got it.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.