Pip appeal denied! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal denied!

Options
AlisonStewart1
AlisonStewart1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I attended my pip appeal yesterday. I have been suffering with a physical and mental condition for many years and scored 0 points at appeal. 

I was extremely distressed at the appeal centre, I had a panic attack with my mental health and very nearly didn't go. Because I was so distressed and with sheer exhaustion I couldn't take in what was happening around me. I couldn't stop crying and I found the whole ordeal like I was on trial. 

The judge made me feel like a liar, I was on trial. 

My representative was fantastic, he was furious at the 0 points award at appeal and has requested a statement of reasons and said he was definitely going to find a way to try appealing this decision. 

I cant face a send hearing what I went through yesterday was horrendous and I was actually on the phone to the crisis team with the state of my mental health. 

I feel I have lost out and cant face applying for pip ever again. The dwp have finally beaten me it took 2 years to get here and its completely floored me. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AlisonStewart1 welcome to the community! I am terribly sorry to hear what has happened! I really hope your representative can find a solution and soon! Keep us updated
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AlisonStewart1
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I just feel like a failure, that interrogation was awful and I'm struggling to cope with what happened yesterday. I just hope that my representing officer can find a way its playing the waiting game yet again. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are definitely not a failure! It is important that you keep talking to those who are supporting you and we are always here if you would like to talk to us - what you are feeling now is completely understandable.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AlisonStewart1
    Options
    I was previously awarded pip in 2016 until 2021. I asked for mobility help without losing my daily living award at assessment the assessor lied about me she said I attended the gym when I dont and I lost the whole claim. I waited 60 weeks for the appeal to end up here. I have no idea where I go from here onwards. I went to see my mp following the decision made and her advice was that I should keep applying I scored 6 points on my last assessment and my representative has stated I should appeal that decision also. Another 60 weeks or more of waiting for it to be heard. Even so, I could end up in the same situation as I am now. I dont know what to do. Do I wait 4 to 6 weeks for the statement of reasons or do I put another appeal in before the end of this week. I'm still so deeply distressed after yesterday and to go through that again, I dont think I could cope. I dont know what to do at all. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you now have no award in payment you can make a new application. You can also ask for the statement of reason at the same time.
    A tribunal will normally consider the whole award but the judge should have told you if your current award was unsafe, giving you the opportunty to withdraw
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    It is difficult to do but try not to give up. It took me 4 years, 3 applications, 3 appeals, an appeal to the upper tribunal and a final appeal to get classed as disable once my GP decided I was disabled. It is not an easy process but the final appeal was granted because the Statement of Reasons was complete rubbish. The other issue I faced was that all of the first 3 appeals were before the same judge who, during the process, stated that she would never provide me with a 'free' car. She was well known by the CAB for assuming that you only became disabled once you stopped breathing. Unfortunately there are some very bad judges in the system and it sounds like you met one. Hang onto that idea and keep trying, knowing that it is never your fault that a judge can be totally stupid.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • AlisonStewart1
    Options
    Thank you. I'm feeling so exhausted and I'm waiting for an appointment about my mental state I had an awful panic attack at home before I went which set me up good and proper I couldn't stop shaking, I was crying all the time I couldn't answer the questions properly and was so confused as I had to go back to 2016. I struggle to remember what I was doing last week never mind that far back. I'm hoping there is a point of law that can be brought up but I have to put the form in to appeal before fri. I cant get up I'm stuck in bed so emotionally and physically worn out. I cant find a way in my own head that will see a way through how im feeling to make a decision. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.