Nearly died due to chronic Brittle asthma — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nearly died due to chronic Brittle asthma

krissy43
krissy43 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all on new here so bear with me... 

I'm a teaching assistant... last year I had an allergic reaction to some meds I was taking i collapsed  at work... due to side effects I was off work for 2 weeks... so I fit trigger of 14 days so had a work related attendance review told I couldn't have a day off for 3 months and then no more than 14 days off in a year that was due to end in April this year.... fast forward to Nov 27 last year I had a major brittle asthma attack when I nearly died... spent time in icu then hdu and then respiratory  ward .. I was signed off work till school went back on Jan 5th ( 6 weeks)... I was in work 2 and half weeks.. was told I had to be out on playground most of they day total of 3 hours in one go. . I got so cold to the point my insides where shivering... it again gave me a really bad chest infection then on top of flu . I was signed off wkrm again from the end of Jan till yesterday (13/3/19) in that time my work asked me to go in for another work related attendance review... at this meeting while still off sick they said I couldn't have any more than 2 says off in 3 months and no more than 14 in a year again... but this time said I could be sacked if I do... well yesterday I got a letter from them saying that I wan now under investigation for my behaviour on social media  made the school look bad but I haven't put anything up about the school... I haven't put nothing on social media other than about my health... 

So today I went back to work... no one spoke to me.. felt really uncomfortable... found normal tasks really hard to.. got very out of breath... using my inhalers... a lot... I just dont feel that I can carry on working... 

I'm also under investigation  for heart problems... problems with my joints... and server allergies... I have so many recurrent  chest infection over the year..... I'm on lots of medications to try and keep this under control.. sorry I'm babbling...

What I want to know if I gave up my job due to my health what help I could get I have 2 children and rent private...

Sorry if you fell asleep reading it lol 

Comments

Brightness