I feel trapped in my own home, and that I have been awarded TOO MUCH PIP. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel trapped in my own home, and that I have been awarded TOO MUCH PIP.

Options
2»

Comments

• Earlysound
    Earlysound Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    ilovecats said:
    ilovecats said:
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are asking me?
    If you read the bulk of my main post, you can see it's around my confusion of why they scored me points on "f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid." when we were instead attempting to be scored under ". Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid.".  If an applicant, is attempting to score points only for the lower component of mobility based on unfamiliar journeys - which only ten points is required to achieve, why would they decide to go above and beyond and decide to score me 12 points under "f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid.".
    Most likely because you also experience OPD during some familar journeys . . . basically that your mental health makes you feel overwhelmed on different occasions and journeys, either familiar or unfamiliar
    It's discussed in detail, and evidence was provided from the Community Mental Health Team, in relation to OPD. I just did not realise, that this would be the end result. I'm just shocked, and still finding it very hard to process and accept it. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    You don't have to be totally blind to score for a sensory problem for mobility. i have Occular Migraines which can start anywhere, anytime. I am unable to see as flashing wavy lines take the place of normal vision. This was the change from standard to enhanced mobility for me when I sent in evidence for this at MR stage. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Earlysound Pleased to meet you.

Happy to hear you have given much support from every one.

Please can I suggest something. Understand my self have mental health issues.

Have insecurities , anxieties going out.

My concern from reading going to run out of food.

I shop on line.  Get it delivered. Use TESCO who are excellent come into your home and into the kitchen.

Help you unpack. All the staff are knowledgeable, polite and respectful.

Lot of the delivery drivers have customers like our community.

Use debit card on line to pay. Easy to do and sign up. Pay a monthly fee. Details on line.

Also ask for your surgery Patients access or other websites get medication delivered and make appointments on line.

All helps. Most of this was suggested by my support worker I had.

Used to get the anxiety sweats and much more. When shopping  easy and simple now.

On the TESCO website even done shopping early hours morning.

Especially the favourites if you click on that like I do shopping only takes a hour or a little more than that.

Also do a lot on line banking another one. Taxis also find one that deals with mobile numbers and you can text by the mobile.

Helps.  Book by text and they send back confirmation and any thing else like it will be so much. Date and time etc.

Another one is Specsavers will visit your home to do eye tests if you need glasses.

Since losing my car from the Motability scheme have to adapt and change.  Everything.

Wish you well.

Pleasure to talk to you

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Earlysound
    Earlysound Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options

Hello @Earlysound Pleased to meet you.

Happy to hear you have given much support from every one.

Please can I suggest something. Understand my self have mental health issues.

Have insecurities , anxieties going out.

My concern from reading going to run out of food.

I shop on line.  Get it delivered. Use TESCO who are excellent come into your home and into the kitchen.

Help you unpack. All the staff are knowledgeable, polite and respectful.

Lot of the delivery drivers have customers like our community.

Use debit card on line to pay. Easy to do and sign up. Pay a monthly fee. Details on line.

Also ask for your surgery Patients access or other websites get medication delivered and make appointments on line.

All helps. Most of this was suggested by my support worker I had.

Used to get the anxiety sweats and much more. When shopping  easy and simple now.

On the TESCO website even done shopping early hours morning.

Especially the favourites if you click on that like I do shopping only takes a hour or a little more than that.

Also do a lot on line banking another one. Taxis also find one that deals with mobile numbers and you can text by the mobile.

Helps.  Book by text and they send back confirmation and any thing else like it will be so much. Date and time etc.

Another one is Specsavers will visit your home to do eye tests if you need glasses.

Since losing my car from the Motability scheme have to adapt and change.  Everything.

Wish you well.

Pleasure to talk to you

Take care.

@thespiceman

Hello @thespiceman that was some really thoughtful and well put together advice for myself. I am sorry about such a long response time, I did not realise I had a response otherwise I would of thanked you much sooner. I thought I had notifications set up, so that I would get told when someone responded to my post. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like you have some deep seated anxieties that are stopping you from thinking clearly. Who cares what society thinks if you genuinely need the award please don’t hesitate to apply. If the prospect of facing the entire town is too much for you you can always order food online, via a app or over the phone.  
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Earlysound Thank you for reply. That is fine.  Please do not apologise these things happen.

I am only too glad to help.

Please can I ask how are you?

A lot of this is just being practical and sensible.

Try to use daily planners diary a good one. Put in it reminders and things you need to do.

I know simple tasks. Anything to help and guide you.

I put in sell by and use by dates when I get on line shopping . This helps not to forget. Have to use that food item up.

Saves hassle and money.  Because if you forget have to throw it away. Waste of money.

One point I am always here to ask anything. Be supportive, ready to listen.

Had the mental health condition a long time and very happy to share .

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.