Reasons to be cheerful.......... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasons to be cheerful..........

gaz1960
gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in Coffee lounge
My arthritis in my knee is excruciating,but on the bright side it's been 12 weeks since I had a ride in the back of an ambulance to the Hospital,with a stroke/heart attack! 

(I know all the paramedics on a first name basis )!

Lol. (Oh my God,not you again)! Lol. 

There always someone worse of than yourself! 

I'm glad I'm still alive. 

Paramedics are great,Trevor and his team at Good Hope Hospital at Sutton Coldfield are great. Thanks for keeping the old ticker,ticking 

NHS might be broken,but you Guys and Gals there keep it going. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello everyone, it's people like us that keep the NHS going with all our pains and illness and weird and wonderful diagnosis that are posted. We wake to live another day claim another benefit pop a few more pills. Dispute our woes we smile have a laughter joke about, we are not happy, we are not sad but Content with our lot things we can not change we accept graciously knowing we are not alone. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    After three years doing what I used to do in 3 months, today I finally switched on the lights in my new workshop. Still a way to go before its finished but I have a full list of students that want to learn some of the skills I have gathered through out my life. Even if I can't do the things I used to do it will be good to pass on some practical knowledge to the youngsters and feel useful again
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • GalDriver
    GalDriver Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    "Reasons to be cheerful, part 1...2...3!" Thank you Mr. Dury  B) For me? 1. Mad sense of humour with a touch of stubbornness (yeah, ok, a lot. lol). 2. My lovely partner, Bob, and family. 3. WE'RE MOVING TO THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS NEXT YEAR ~ WOOHOOO 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    After three years doing what I used to do in 3 months, today I finally switched on the lights in my new workshop. Still a way to go before its finished but I have a full list of students that want to learn some of the skills I have gathered through out my life. Even if I can't do the things I used to do it will be good to pass on some practical knowledge to the youngsters and feel useful again
    @CockneyRebel good to here your managing to do something positive. Well done.

But remember if your having youngsters joining in your passion you must remember if these are children of a certain age you will need to look into this as I would never let my children be with anyone without first checking there's no un-just motive is going on.

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record

Hope it works out well for you.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    LOL thanks for the advice, I have been sharing  practical skills for the last 8 years. Youngsters to me are over 21, often I get newly wed couples who want to learn basic DIY, how to change a plug or put up a shelf, do some wall papering or lay a few bricks. For some reason the practical skill are being lost as is the joy of doing something for yourself. Many of my "students" go on to better their skills once they have the basics. From teaching how to turn up a pair of trousers on a sewing machine, one young lady now makes her own clothes
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @CockneyRebel always glad to help?????

I refer youngsters under 50 these days? No seriously I used to do be head bailiff on a fishing complex which had 6 different lakes on it, when I took on new bailiffs I had to do CRB checks back in those days as there where children fishing on the complex and as a bailiff they would be  asking kids for their ID membership which included their personal details.

I trust no one buddy especially when my kids were young.

I hope it all goes well for you and I wish you all the best with it.?
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
  • Waylay
    My partner made me a jewellery bench! Now to get up the motivation and the back points to do something with it ...
  • Waylay
  • CockneyRebel
    Waylay said:
    My partner made me a jewellery bench! Now to get up the motivation and the back points to do something with it ...
    Making jewellery is a great hobby. There are so many things you can use and the only limit is your imagination. When my hands were steady I made gold and silver earings, necklaces and bracelets. I used semi precious stones and encapsulated wild flowers. I always fancied a go at bead work pictures but had to let that one go, beads were to small.
    I am sure you will enjoy making things, please show us some of your work when you can
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Today I got a interview date for a new job opportunity next week. They want me to come to their office on Monday afternoon for a tour and a quick talk. I’m excited and nervous. I’ve been a childcare provider my entire working life so far. I’m changing from actively providing childcare to someone who will be dealing with the paperwork involved. Wish me luck. 
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Best of luck to you for the interview.  
    :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @April2018mom, how did you get on at the tour and talk? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    The interview was short. We sat at a table in a office on the second floor of the building and talked about my strengths and weaknesses. The interviewer was a friendly person. After the interview was over, I was given a quick tour of the place. But I didn’t have to do any tests. Hopefully I’ll get the job although I’m still looking. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    edited May 2019
    Did they give any indication as to when you might hear? When an interview is quite short it can be hard to judge how it went can't it? Best of luck!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @April2018mom! :)
    Scope

• April2018mom
    Update 

I didn’t get the job.
    So I’m not sure what to do now. I’m on a waiting list for therapy because my mental health problems are coming back. On a temporary break from job hunting now. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    weaver said:
    I have two  beautiful daughters who love me no matter what kind of day I am having. They always take time for me everyday. Thank you girls you are my reason to be cheerful.
    That's lovely, thank you for sharing @weaver
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    I'm sorry to hear that @April2018mom. However, if you're struggling with your mental health at the moment then perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as it means you can focus on getting support for that first. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • benjamintolmer
    benjamintolmer Community member Posts: 28 Connected

Brightness