How many times can they adjourn a tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How many times can they adjourn a tribunal?

Options
Funkimunki17
Funkimunki17 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
I went to my ESA tribunal yesterday and they said that they wanted to adjourn the tribunal again, due to lack of medical evidence and also that they want to find out when I was diagnosed with spina bifida. And also looking at why I was granted the motability component of my PIP?
Is there a limit to the amount of times that they can adjourn a tribunal? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear what has happened @Funkimunki17 how many times has your tribunal been adjourned at this point?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • WBA247
    WBA247 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Funkimunki17 
    I do not believe there is any specified limit as to how many times a tribunal can be adjourned. Usually an adjournment is for reasons which are beneficial to the claimant, like in your case, ie; where the panel believe additional evidence is needed to enable the correct decision to be reached or something similar. I am currently assisting one client whose hearing has been adjourned 5 times and started in 2017! I do believe however that you are in your right to request that a decision be made on the information/evidence already provided if an adjournment causes undue strees and/or anxiety.
  • Funkimunki17
    Options
    My case has been adjourned on 2 separate occasions and the first time was due to the fact that the judge wasn't able to make it to the courts and then the second time was when they said that they wanted to get my medical records and also to find out when I was diagnosed with spina bifida.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed that the next date will not be adjourned! Keep us updated :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    That must be really frustrating @Funkimunki17. Have you been given a new date yet? Unfortunately I'm not aware of any limit to how many times it can be adjourned. As Ami said, be sure to keep us updated!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Funkimunki17
    Options
    I WILL DO  ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.