I had a letter to say my dla will be ending — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had a letter to say my dla will be ending

brighthouse500
brighthouse500 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi to all,

I have been asked to let the dwp know by the 7th of may if I wish to claim pip  they said phone up I cannot use my phone to let them know I wish to make a claim.
How do I let them know can you claim on line if so how do you do this.
Do you know the website for the dwp.

When will my dla end as I've already made a few plans to do things.

Brighthouse500.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brighthouse500 you can check out the ways you can apply for PIP here. Let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @brigjthouse 500, hello is your problem of using a phone physical or stressful because its of an official reason? Have you a friend who can or be with you for support you will have to confirm your identity ect before your friend can get involved in any conversation on your behalf. As you depend on DLA you must do an online self test for PIP and see how you fare against the PIP descriptors because the answers given in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment  
  • brighthouse500
    Hi Wilko,

Yes it is physical and stressfull I also get vertigo and if I get it when on using the phone get very dizzy and loose my balance even when walking.

Brighthouse.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As long as you make the application for PIP, your DLA will continue until a decision is made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • brighthouse500
    Hi cockney rebel,

Thankyou for your info I will go in the jobcentre Monday and see if they will phone up for me.

Brighthouse500.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to answer some security questions to allow the DWP to speak to someone on your behalf
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.