A problem shared is a problem halved — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A problem shared is a problem halved

love3languages
love3languages Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Afternoon everyone,
Saw this post and encapsulates both my physical and mental state!!
A problem shared is a problem halved!!☺️

Comments

• love3languages
    love3languages Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Have suffered with chronic ongoing lower back pain since 1988/89 due to two work related incidents.
    Also suffer with Clinical depression as personally find that pain that rules your life gets you down...having to cancel plans or appointments as you are unable to predict just how you will feel on a specific day can make life unbearable at times... have had 2 breakdowns,numerous CBT courses,Living with Chronic Pain and also recently seen a Psychotherapist, as in  Coercive Relationship!
    It makes me mad as if someone has their leg in plaster or neck in a brace they are given sympathy,which I do not wish for;instead a little empathy would go a long way....I put on my “ outdoor” face as do not wish to appear any different to others....however once back home the mask comes off and I shall slither to bed.
    Tbh these days I rarely go out and if I do,I simply drive and my son gets bits and bobs as I have no desire to see or mingle with the outside world atm.....
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @love3languages  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

You come to the right place for support, information and most important of all friendship.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

We are here to be supportive, ready to listen anytime.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @love3languages welcome to the community and sharing this with us. How are you doing today? A lot of our members will relate to you, as dealing with chronic pain and mental health is not easy.

Please feel free to join our mental health discussions, dealing with chronic pain discussions and our coffee lounge.
    If you have any questions, please let us know :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

You are certainly not alone, dealing with chronic ongoing pain drains the life out of you. I can fully understand having no desire to mingle, I don't seem to fit in with the outside world and prefer to stay within my comfort zone I can cope with the world coming to me but on my terms and in my safe place

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @love3languages welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness