Do you think I'd be able to claim full mobility? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you think I'd be able to claim full mobility?

Options
destinysnan
destinysnan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've got patio arthritis and I just been diagnosed with mild emphysema and moderate COPD. I'm on full pip for daily living and standard mobility. Do u think I would be able to claim full mobility 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @destinysnan and welcome

As you know, PIP is awarded on how your condition affects your daily life/mobility and not on a diagnosis. We are all affected in different ways.

Have a look at the criteria for the Moving around element and see where you fit in. If you think you qualify then you should get trained help from an advice agency near you. Unless your award is due for reveiw soon then your only other option is a change of circumstance which will mean a f2f assessment and your whole award being looked at again. There have been many reports of people losing some or all of their award when reporting a change, even though you are required to do, so unless it is to report that you are getting better the DWP don't really care

2. Moving around.
    12 a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points
    12 b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points
    12 c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points
    12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points
    12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points
    12 f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, �(i) stand; or (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.