PIP Paper tribunal questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Paper tribunal questions

Options
LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi guys 

I am waiting on a paper hearing and would like to know from people who have had one (or those in the know) roughly how long it take for a paper based case to be heard. I know it is a year plus for oral ones but cant find any info for paper based.

I applied nearly 3 months ago and got my pack of papers from the dwp about a week ago.

Also what did people send to as evidence? Both those that won and who didnt. Just so i have an idea of if i have sent enough.

I have sent a letter informing the tribunal of my dad to day life and struggles. What descriptors i meet, why and what evidence backs this up. All relevant evidence which includes doctors letters, photos, statements from family/friends and those who support me of both their observations of changes and what support they provide. A medication list. What assistive technology i have. I cant think of anyrhing else that would be useful?

I am unable to attend an oral hearing for reasons that i cant really discuss but the tribunal service are aware of and ok with this. Paper is my only option so please dont tell me i am better i person as i already know :)

Thank you :)

Comments

• LittleGizmo86
    LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Paper hearings are done by tribunals when lists of oral hearings have a gap in them or collapse completely so the delay is considerably less than for oral hearings in theory. It’s also impossible to predict. A tribunal could have 8 oral hearings listed and find that 1 is cancelled so they could maybe do 2 paper hearings. On the other hand if all were cancelled you might assume 8 or more paper hearings would take place. That might be the case but equally the panel could simply decide to go home or the clerk might have only brought 1 or 2 with them. It’s definitely how long is a piece of string time.
    Ah thanks for the reply.. i wasnt quite sure how they did them.. that makes sense though thank you.
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Options
    Will I be asked questions in tribunal am. Scared kant explain very well with communication make my anxiety bad
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sam12

The purpose of a tribunal is to look at the evidence and ask questions of you if they need clarification. A tribunal can seem to be inquisitorial, can you take someone with you for support ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Options
    OK thanks. Probably get my bf come with me he do me a sponsor letter to he legal lawyer also n fightback 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.