dealing with chronic pain everyday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dealing with chronic pain everyday

Options
m19hlp
m19hlp Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Good Morning all.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @m19hlp welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • m19hlp
    Options
    I'm struggling with lower limb difficulties, I've had 5 ops over 4 years and I'm on an intensive therapy programme and trying to work full time, because I've always been a positive motivated person I think people expect me to bounce back as usual but the chronic pain everyday is making me tired and the struggle is getting harder.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi @m19hlp welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? You may be interested in our reasonable adjustments at work page. If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • m19hlp
    Options
    Toay is a new day, I'm getting up with determination let's hope I goto bed with satisfaction.
  • Ami2301
    Options
    You can do this @m19hlp :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @m19hlp, welcome to the community! It sounded like you were having a difficult time yesterday and I'm really sorry to hear it.
    I'm glad you're feeling determined today, do keep in touch and let us know how the day goes! :)

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Dealing with Chronic Pain can be difficult, some types more than others. I have suffered it for 13 years and it has increased in severity every few months requiring constant adjustments. Medication can help but also can have bad side-effects so use them with discretion. If you have (or have had) surgical options then therapy at least gives you a possible recovery plan. Some, like myself, don't have this. Pain can be gotten used to and it is surprising how much a person can cope with when there are no other options. One thing to remember though is to not push yourself too hard to recover and allow yourself time to recover properly. Rushing recovery is a sure way to finding yourself back in trouble. The body can recover from a lot of problems on it's own but trying too hard to speed things up circumvents this process.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya, 

Yes, as @Topkitten said, don't push too hard! Have you heard of pacing?
  • m19hlp
    Options
    I have been reading recently about pacing and I have my first appointment tomorrow at the pain management clinic. I  find it most difficult mon to fri when I'm at work.
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Let us know how you get on @m19hlp :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good luck at your appointment today @m19hlp, let us know how you get on! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • m19hlp
    Options
    I've been put forward for a programme, 18 hours, 3 hours a week, feeling hopeful :-)

Brightness