My recent assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My recent assessment

Options
winnipeg
winnipeg Community member Posts: 18 Listener
hi had my F2F assessment on the 4th April. When the lady arrived I was fast asleep in bed as I though it was the following day.she was very understanding absolutely it. But I was feeling very confused having woken suddenly and I forgot to mention a few important things Ie I keep falling over last year I fractured my wrist twice falling. My GP was so concerned she sent me for MRI on my lower back and hips but that came back normal so it was put down to Fibromyalgia. Also I have significant problems with bladder which I didn’t go into either.What should I do ?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi winnipeg

Did you include these details on your PIP2 form ?
    A condition needs to affect you for the majority of time to be considered  for PIP, so the occasional fall probably would not matter to them.

As to your bladder problems, which of the descriptors is appropriate to you ?

. Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
    5 a. Can manage toilet needs or incontinence unaided. 0 points
    5 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage toilet needs or incontinence. 2 points
    5 c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to manage toilet needs. 2 points
    5 d. Needs assistance to be able to manage toilet needs. 4 points
    5 e. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of either bladder or bowel. 6 points
    5 f. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of both bladder and bowel. 8 points

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • winnipeg
    Options
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is quiet significant, so if you haven't supplied evidence documenting this condition I think you should do so asap. You will need to send it to the DWP along with any other relevant evidence and ask that they take it into consideration before making a decision.

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • winnipeg
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ok Thankyou. I called DWP on Friday but they haven’t received my assessment yet as it was chosen for a audit. Apparently they audit so many of each assessor,s .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.