Paper Based Review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paper Based Review

Options
Nattie3
Nattie3 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi all, I put in for a change of circumstance 4 months ago and I was offered a home assessment to go through my disability and discuss the changes. 

I've since been able to provide a lot more evidence and this has changed the home assessment and I've been told that a PBR would be more suitable to limit any distress.

I know the assessors have thoroughly investigated my disability by talking to my healthcare professionals on numerous occasions throughout the assessment, which I'm very pleased about.

I got a text from the DWP saying they have now received the written report back from the assessors (Which I've requested a copy from). I'm just wondering how long normally till you receive a decision from the DWP? It says up to 6 weeks on the text and when my carer asked for a copy they said a decision should be made within 10 weeks. It seems rather long but I'm assuming that is the case or does it usually happen quicker than that?

I also heard that when people have PBR that it doesn't usually go in our 'favour' because assessors prefer to do face to face assessments so it sometimes leaves people struggling to get the correct award for their disability. Although I can understand they may learn more about a disability by having face to face assessment, however when evidence and such has been given, surely that would be enough? It's just left me a little anxious.

Thanks all, have a great Sunday. :smile:

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Nattie3, try not to get anxious or start to worry what if. Have you phoned DWP,and asked for a copy of your assessment even though it’s paper based.  On receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your award notification letter for confirmation. Let the community know how things turn out.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    f2f assessment are usually carried out when there is insufficient evidence on which to make a recommendation/decision. From what you have said it sounds as though they have all they need from your health care team. Time frames with the DWP are at best a guesstimate 6-8 weeks is about normal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.