Reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassessment

Options
ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
I wrote recently that i didnt have to go for a esa reassessment with atos as the medical had been cancelled and to contact dwp to find what was happening with my claim. I rang and was told nothing was showing on my claim for a cancellation.
Ive been reading advice on another website today and 4 other people on that website have received the same letter. They have rand dwp nothing was showing so they left it a few days contacted dwp and was told no cancellation have been recorded and because they didnt go for medical esa was stopped.
Another was told by dwp they had enough medical evidence paper based and was put in SG and did not need another medical again in the future.
Ive rang atos my medical is definately canelled theyve told me its because of paper based evidence but im worried if i dont go will the same happen to me my esa will be stopped
Anyone else received one of these letters please

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ollieandduke sorry to hear what has happened, it sounds very confusing! Just to recap, you did not receive a date for a reassessment?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    No it said my medical appointment had been cancelled and not to turn up as it was a cancelled appointment and to ring my jobentre to find out why.
    I rang atos and was told ther had received medical evidence that did not warrent me going for a medical. I asked did they know why this had happened and they said it was nothing to worry about they had sent the evidence to assessors and to wait for a letter to arrive the cancellation letter was sent  was sent 9th april but dwp dont have any information on there file
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, I do not know the answer I'm afraid :( I'm sure some of our community members will be in contact soon to answer your question :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, you must contact DWP telling them about your letter received and if nessaseary copy and send to DWP recorded delivery or take to show your work coach who can scan copy to DWP. Needs to be sorted. 
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    I rang dwp they said because the the letter was only sent on the 9th it wouldnt be on there system for another week so im gonna leave it till tuesday then ring them 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ollieandduke, keep in touch and let us know what they say!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Hi everyone ive been on to dwp. Because of my medical evidence i didnt have to go for another reassessment. And according to whats showing on there screen ive been placed back into the support group but the dwp are still making a desicion for exactly how long it might be for. The lady was really nice she said the havent decided the length it could be. But she says based on new evidence from your doctor it could be that you wont be reassessed again and that i will have to wait for my letter. At least i know know now and can stop pannicking a bit
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ollieandduke, that's good news and as you say, at least now you can stop worrying!
    Thank you for updating us and I'm glad it was good news. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Aaaw thanks for that xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.