Pip offer before tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip offer before tribunal

rlb2019
rlb2019 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was on standard rate for both components and had a review jan last year. I was then declared i wasmt entitled to pip. After also being declince after a Mandatory Appeal. I then applied for a tribunal. Just a few days ago after waiting over a year for a tribunal I then recieved a letter that they are reinstating my award ect and i rang and accepted the offer. How long will it now take to process this and be paid as they are also backdating to last year too? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rlb2019 welcome to the community! In answer to your question, I am unsure however members of our community will know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    It's good to hear they saw sense and corrected your award, no doubt someone gave it a once over and spotted the error in taking your award away, it's a massive waste of taxpayers money to keep making mistakes like this, when my partner went to MR then Tribunal, we got the call and they went over the case and the hospital reports, they still refused to amend the award, so off to Tribunal we go, as soon as we walked in they offered Enhanced PIP/ lower rate Mobility, that should have been offered at MR saving money and time, they asked if she would like to try for the enhanced mobility, the doctor did the interrogation (that's what it was) and they up'd it to full Mobility, such a waste of time and money and a year of stress and hospital.

The system needs a massive overhaul. 
  • rlb2019
    rlb2019 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    So awful how they treat people. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.