I am designing at present a drinking water — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am designing at present a drinking water

veronica123
veronica123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in Research and opportunities
Hello there, :-) I am a product designer with an interest on inclusive design. I am designing at present a drinking water fountain for people of all ages. I am trying make it as easy to use as possible and of course, wheelchair friendly. I have been trying to research children wheelchair measurements  unsuccesfully and was wondering anyone in the community woukd be kind to provide me with these measurements and/or any user advice for me to bear in mind while designing it. Thank you very much! Veronica

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @veronica123 welcome to the community ! That is a great idea and I'm sure members of our community will be happy to share their thoughts with you. Would this be height adjustable as some powered wheelchair users have their chairs quite high :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • veronica123
    veronica123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you Brian for your message ,  :)
    The drinking fountain will have two or three basins with different heights, I am not able to make it adjustable I am afraid.  I am trying to find out as  much opinions and measurements as I can to calculate the different heights based on that. As I mentioned before, I appreciate very much any shared thoughts ! 
    V
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @veronica123 :) This sounds awesome, pleased keep us updated on how it all goes.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.