I hope I can talk to other people with the same symptoms - Polio — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I hope I can talk to other people with the same symptoms - Polio

SteveH
SteveH Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had  polio in 1954 when I was nearly 1 year old, I can honestly say that I can not remember a day where I have not had a pain of some sort my joints hurt so much and my muscles are disapearing, I found this web site by chance so I hope I can talk to other people with the same symptons.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @SteveH how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear this. Some of our members have talked about their experiences with Polio. We are happy to have you here with us, if you have any questions, please let us know. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @SteveH, welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear how much pain you're in. Hopefully you'll be able to find some support here. Please let us know if you need any advice at all.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @SteveH

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Welcome @SteveH    Polio in the UK is virtually forgotten by everyone except the few remaining survivors who are still struggling to cope with the after-effects as well as the relentless ageing process. Any medics who knew anything about the disease are long gone.     I too had polio at the age of 2 in 1950 and thought that I had made a reasonable recovery until about 15 years ago when in my mid fifties.  Since then it's been downhill all the way. Can hardly move at all these days without suffering extreme pain and couldn't get around at all without my Motability car and my scooter.   I would gladly share experiences with you so please feel free to keep in touch.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness