Esa backdated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa backdated

knowy0151
knowy0151 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi can anyone help. 
Was on incapacity benifet years ago then moved to eas support group income related. Will I be one who is owed money from the dwp mistake. Hope u can help 
Thanks 

Comments

• moggie57
    moggie57 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    me too .have recieved not a penny yet ,but my sister received almost £20,000 and she's working part=time online.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one can possibly answer your question without knowing all of your circumstances. You'll have to wait to be contacted, fill out the form and return it and then wait for DWP to make a decision. This is the only way you'll know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • davedj44
    davedj44 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi. 
    I received a letter last week with a form to fill in for Feb 2013 to Feb 2014. It was a form specific for that timescale which asked about what savings I had or what other money I had coming in my living circumstances and any kids, spouce etc. I don't know why they need this as they should already have the info. I've posted it back so it's just a waiting game now to see what If anything I may receive. Apparently anyone who is effected by the shortfall is being contacted..it was due to have been resolved by now, but with a review making packdated payments from earlier dates than the government first said it was going to, it's taking longer and there are more to be contacted. So hang tight. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.