LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
gh0st85
gh0st85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, 
I have been handing in 'fit notes' since January and last month I had to fill in the form UC50 I think it was? asking me about my condition etc.. 
Can anyone tell me what happens next? I haven't received any information such as email/letter or text to say they have the form. With PIP I received updates via text such as they have my form and things. Just seems so confusing. Thanks all.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 
    When I went through this last year it took a while for them to make any contact . After completing the form they sent letter for a f2f assessment. They decided I was fit for work so I completed a mandatory reconsideration which again gave same result so I appealed and went to tribunal and won my case. But the whole process took 13 months from start to finish.  
  • gh0st85
    gh0st85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, wow that is a whole length of time. Was that 13 months more of handing in fit notes? very stressful. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes sending in sick notes all the time. The main delay was waiting for tribunal date . So it won't take that long if you get the decision you deserve after assessment. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    It depends where you live I think but I filled in a form for my son as his appointee last July 2018 and didn't hear anything till January 2019. He had a face to face in Feb. and fortunately was kept in the Support group where he should be. I found out he'd been referred for assessment last Nov. 4 months from the form being sent. You can always ring up to ask what's happening, ask which assessment provider you will have and when your case will be sent to them. Then when you know they've been sent your form ring and offer to have a cancellation face to face, that might work. Or you can just do nothing which seems to be a ridiculous amount of time.  
  • Eli27x
    Eli27x Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I sent my form back December 2018, had my face to face in February & got my decision 2 weeks ago. It really depends on the area! Hopefully you won't be waiting too long!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.