Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

boboc
boboc Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had been waiting for my pip appeal for 6 months , done the face to face,done the first appeal, and was turned down ,
just received a letter to grant me what i was on when it was D.L.A.  only negative is how long they gave me, as i was on D.L.A. continuously, 2 years until judgement day again. so good luck  for your P.I.P. appeals 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Thank you for updating us @boboc happy to hear about the outcome but sorry to hear about the time given. Please let us know if you have any questions :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @boboc, glad to hear your PIP has finally been reinstated! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    boboc said: 
    only negative is how long they gave me, as i was on D.L.A. continuously, 2 years until judgement day again. so good luck  for your P.I.P. appeals 

Did you not ask for a long award period and had produced evidence to back up the request when completing the claim form?

There is still nothing stopping you appealing against the length and asking the DWP on what evidential basis did they award the 2 years.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.