Assesment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment report

auds48
auds48 Community member Posts: 41 Connected
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Some advice please .Got a copy of my assessment report 2 day now i know what people mean about bad assessment so could some one please tell me the best way to go about complaing some truths and some lies and some personal insults do i contact atos or dwp have been told the pip decsion getting some lost out in others thanks fir any info 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    My pip I Neva had assessment just letter saying I’m keeping it till 2027 esa was a disgrace lies things that never happened assessed lied about it’s pathetic you have assessment and they lie what can we do bout it 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to the community @auds48 I'm sorry to hear this, you may want to contact your local cab for advice and if you have received a decision you can challenge the decision. Please keep us updated.
  • auds48
    Can beleive what the put in it wrong dates the only good thing is i have dates from my doctors on file so cant wait ti see what the say when i take it to appeal so angry how can people get the help when you have people lying and DWP beleive these people 
  • Dotty123
    If you have put in for tribunal can you still make complaint to esa about assessment
  • auds48
    My assessment was for pip dont know who to complain to was told have to wait for letter from dwp before i can do anything 
  • auds48
    Antonia scope have made appointment for cab at end month first appointment i can get 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Complaints about assessment reports should be sent to the health assessment providers, not DWP. Don't expect much of a response from them though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    As Poppy says, they will all close rank on you and deny everything unless you can prove otherwise with evidence.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    information from the DWP states that the % of first point reversals of assessments is set at 80% fail, so don't expect to win the first round, go the long haul and do the Tribual, with another evidence a panel of doctors who read notes and don't judge on looks alone, means a better and higher % of wins 

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/may/dwp-has-80-targets-refusing-benefit-reconsiderations

which is a massive change from previous years, but again the numbers now are much higher, so more appeals, means more costs, so they just move the goal posts a bit wider each year so more fail quicker and make it harder for everyone

"Success rates for appeals against ESA decisions are also high, approaching the two thirds figure. There were 14,691 ESA appeals in the last quarter of 2015/16, and the success rate was 58%." the amount for others aren't much different but the overall pattern does show it's getting worse and not better for all, and costing the DWP more, so no savings, which was the whole point in the first place, so remove how many has died since failing, latest numbers is 107k since 2012, it seems we need to loose a lot more people eg dead and buried and off the system before they can finally balance the books and say the new system is working as designed, not

• auds48
    @Elizabeth1 good luck for your assessment hope it goes well not going to coment on this anymore as some peeole not happy with what i have said about my situation. I will find my advice somewhere else. Only comment on my situation and ask for advice. So thanks for some advice good luck Elazbeth1 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure what exactly it is you're not happy with here. You asked for advice, which was answered with the correct information. Complaints must be sent to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    I’m him hanging on poppy you got me thru it thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.