Do I get backdated pay from the date it stopped? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I get backdated pay from the date it stopped?

Stickman
Stickman Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
OK, I am waiting to hear about my upcoming tribunal.  If I win, do I get backdated pay from the date it stopped?  Also, would my PIP be automatically restored or would I have to make a new claim?

Comments

• justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Stickman
    As far as I know yes you should have back pay to the date they stopped your money. Your PIP should be restored straight away if you have enough points, remember though PIP is 4 weeks in arrears and you only have to make a new claim if your health has changed. I have my tribunal next week and I have been given this advice off my benefit advisor.
    Good Luck hope all goes well for you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If successful then yes it's backdated to the date it stopped. No, you won't have to make a new claim but it can take 5-8 weeks to receive backdated money owed and for your payments to start if the Tribunal goes in your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stickman
    Thanks.  I have a meeting next week about my situation with PIP.  But I'm starting to feel as if I've done something wrong when I haven't.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    that's how they wish you to feel, good luck and fingers crossed at tribunal, it's always catch 22 for everyone

http://benefitsaware.centralenglandlc.org.uk/have-you-failed-a-medical-for-employment-and-support-allowance-esa/

this link was given to me and helped me for ESA, the same site may have up to date information to help you also, sharing is caring, something the DWP doesn't no longer do, good luck again, your not alone
  • Stickman
    I think we should be owed additional money for stress caused.  I am finding it hard to pay bills.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Stickman, I'm sorry to read that you're struggling financially while waiting on your PIP tribunal. Did you have your meeting you mentioned above? How did that go?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stickman
    edited May 2019
    Hi

Yes, I had my meeting which was very positive, so hopefully, I've nothing to worry about.
  • Stickman
    edited June 2019
    What is the situation with PIP now?  As we will be getting a new Prime Minister, will the rules change again?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Stickman said:
    What is the situation with PIP now?  As we will be getting a new Prime Minister, will the rules change again?

Probably not.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stickman
    edited June 2019
    Good.  I don't want to have to prove that I'm disabled again.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.