Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

shelley74
shelley74 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I was diagnosed with fibro in 2016 in the Nottinghamshire area and was given a lot of support from the doctor and hospital. I saw a occupational therapist on a regular basis for mental and physical support ,also given aids to help with pain, can you tell me why I can not get this in the Lincolnshire area as cannot even get compression gloves on prescription. 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @shelley74 thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear you have not been given the support you need. Have you tried contacting your local council to find out the support available to you? 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    This should be taken up with your GP or CCG. unfortunately it is down to money
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • hunnybunny123
    hunnybunny123 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Sorry to hear you have fibro, I also have it, been Nearly 18 years now. I have so many problems trying to get help, doctors don't seem to know how to treat it, I get pain killers, I saw a consultant once since I had fibro... Hope you soon get help. ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I'm in Nottingham and I've found that I've had no support in regards to my FM, I was diagnosed and that's it, no advice, no nothing. I guess it depends on where you are in Nottingham because the medical centres where I am aren't that great.

They may lack money in the area that you are in now.

Brightness