Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.


ranger2446ranger2446 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, just a general enquiry. I am looking into buying a property and wish to know who would be the best person / organisation to speak to. I am currently a full time carer for my wife whom suffers with a number of physical and mental health disabilities. So, basically, my wife gets the high rate of DLA and I get carers allowance and income support. Wish to find out if it is possible to at least get a mortgage. Have come across a number of sites such as "disabled persons mortgage " and have been looking into the scheme called "HOLD". We are currently living in the Merseyside Borough of Knowsley and wish to obtain a bungalow in North Wales. Would be grateful for any suggestions. Many thanks.


Sign in or join us to comment.