Information please for Esa payments pending appeal. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information please for Esa payments pending appeal.

Maxinus
Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
when an appeal has been accepted and you request reinstatement of esa payment, does the payment you receive start from that point, or is it back dated to the date of the submission of the mandatory reconsideration?  Also, how long does this payment continue for? A maximum of 12 months or for as long as it takes the appeal to be heard?  Many thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Providing you haven't claimed Universal Credit, It's backdated to the date your payments stopped but you'll need sick/fit notes to be backdated to receive the money.

If you're claiming Income related then it continues until the Tribunal make a decision. If it's contribution based then it's only paid for 365 days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Poppy iv got letter saying tribunal accepted now can I get esa till tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Poppy iv got letter saying tribunal accepted now can I get esa till tribunal 
    Yes, with a fit note but it could still take a couple of weeks. Ring them Tuesday when they re- open after the bank holiday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    Does it get back dated from when it stopped finally getting there thank you for your help xx
  • Dotty123
    Type in 3 mth sick note already in  your comment
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Type in 3 mth sick note already in  your comment
    Not sure what that means, sorry.

To answer your other question then yes it's backdated...providing you have the fit note backdated too.
  • Dotty123
    Sorry it meant iv a 3 mth sick note in how long is it till you get date for tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Sorry it meant iv a 3 mth sick note in how long is it till you get date for tribunal 
    Backlogs are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date. Your payment will continue while you wait.
  • Dotty123
    Thank thank you i
  • Dotty123
    Getting it backdated is it what you got before esa assessment or reduced £73 week 
  • poppy123456
    You were found fit for work and aren't in a group so it will be assessment rate, which is £73.10 per week. If the Tribunal place you into a group then you'll be owed backdated money, which will be the difference between that and which ever group you're placed into.
  • Dotty123
    Is it £73.10 backdated from feb when it stopped till I go to tribunal thank you happy Easter 
  • poppy123456
    Yes. Happy Easter to you too.
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    When I when I ring what do I say about getting my money backdated thanks
  • poppy123456
    The Tribunal will have already contacted DWP about your Tribunal request so they should already know about that. Just tell them you want to go back onto assessment rate for ESA and you want it backdated to the date payment stopped. Make sure you tell them you have a fit note.
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    Hi rang esa bout getting it back and back dated they havnt got word yet may take 3 days is this right x
  • poppy123456
    You can give them your Tribunal reference number but payments can take a few weeks to start back.
  • Dotty123
    I said do you want ref she said no shel get someone to ring get it il wait till fri ring again thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.