PIP PENSIONERS REASSESSMENT CHANGES TO ONGOING AWARDS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP PENSIONERS REASSESSMENT CHANGES TO ONGOING AWARDS

Zorro
Zorro Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Could someone tell me when this new law happens, as I my husband is due review son,   Due March 2020, will he be automatically be ongoing or does he need F2F as he is a pensioners   Thanks in advance

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, there has been no further announcement to date.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Zorro
    Zorro Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks Cockney, thought that we would have got a date by now.
  • CockneyRebel
    I guess that the "B" word is more important
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    See here.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    yep, I believe in fairies and park my unicorn in a BB bay
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    yep, I believe in fairies and park my unicorn in a BB bay
    If I had a £1 for every time that promises and statements were made by politicians I would be evicting Richard Branson on Tuesday as I now own his island!

It will not happen or I should say it will be so severely watered down that very few pensioners will actually qualify.

The Chancellor of the Exchequer can't afford to give all 270,000 pensioners a semi permanent (10 year cycle) benefit windfall. 
    A pensioner on enhanced for both rakes in £580 of PIP every 4 weeks If they would have had the normal 4 year award, review after three years, the intention would be to give them another 7 years worth of money £52,780 without any reviews to see if they would actually be entitled to it. This also disregards any premiums they will also get because of the longer PIP award period.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.