Underpaid ESA enhanced disability premium - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpaid ESA enhanced disability premium

2»

Comments

• deanjroach84
    deanjroach84 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    ok thank you for your help i rang the DWP during the week and was told they had recieved my forms on the 17th Novmeber and had to wait 12 wks like every one else ..... its just a waiting game now
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    ok thank you for your help i rang the DWP during the week and was told they had recieved my forms on the 17th Novmeber and had to wait 12 wks like every one else ..... its just a waiting game now
    They received my form almost the same time as yours, have you heard anything? I called them a few days ago and they said its still being processed?
  • bevjane118
    bevjane118 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi,
    Seen this post and created an account to be able to let you know - I recieved a letter and esa3 form on the weekend for an underpayment for 2012 -2013 so they are looking at earlier dates now - hopefully you all hear about any underpayment you are all due soon x 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @bevjane118, welcome to the community and thank you for joining to let us know!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • popples2
    popples2 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi everyone 

i received this this form today, anything from DWP makes me uneasy. Is it worth filling in? My dates were August 2012 up to the date of the form 16/04/2019. I get enhanced rate mobility And daily living on pip.  My husband and I receive income support. I was not allowed into the support group after the migration and had a year on contributions ESA, which the visiting doc thought was crazy.   Unsure why it’s going to present day. Anyone have a clue what I’d be entitled to? My stress levels are high, my conditions progressive and if not worth anything not worth the stress to get help with the forms. 
  • popples2
    thanks in  advance for any insight. Has anyone received the forms, applied and not entitled? 
    Thank all
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    popples2 said:
    Hi everyone 

i received this this form today, anything from DWP makes me uneasy. Is it worth filling in? My dates were August 2012 up to the date of the form 16/04/2019. I get enhanced rate mobility And daily living on pip.  My husband and I receive income support. I was not allowed into the support group after the migration and had a year on contributions ESA, which the visiting doc thought was crazy.   Unsure why it’s going to present day. Anyone have a clue what I’d be entitled to? My stress levels are high, my conditions progressive and if not worth anything not worth the stress to get help with the forms. 
    Hi,

The forms are sent to everyone that transferred from IB to ESA regardless of whether they qualify or not. Some people have returned the form to find out they weren't entitled to any backdated money.

I'm not sure why it's up until now either because Income Support is a means tested benefit. I would have understood if it was up until you claimed Income Support.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to answer your question as to whether you will be owed any money from when you were claiming the ESA (WRAG). To know for sure then you'll need to fill out the form and return it. Decisions are taking longer than 12 weeks because there's huge backlogs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Duketrinity
    Duketrinity Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    My partner hasn’t just received a 2nd lump sum, all this happened it wasn’t claimed, no forms nothing,but this whole thing is stressing him out because it says payments are disregarded for 1 year, then what happens, how does it affect further benefits, you would think with it being their mistake it’s would be disregarded totally! 
  • poppy123456
    My partner hasn’t just received a 2nd lump sum, all this happened it wasn’t claimed, no forms nothing,but this whole thing is stressing him out because it says payments are disregarded for 1 year, then what happens, how does it affect further benefits, you would think with it being their mistake it’s would be disregarded totally! 
    If backdated money is more than £5,000 then it's disregarded for the life of the ESA claim. If it's less then it's disregarded for 12 months and then it's classed as savings £6,000 and your benefits are affected £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and more then you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Duketrinity
    Thank you that’s helpful, I know it sounds odd, he hasn’t had to claim or anything, but after he got the initial lump sum it worried him so much he ended up in hospital all over Christmas and into the new year, this other letter came through the door this morning and POW he is anxious again. So from what you have said it should be ok for admin long as he stays on esa? 
  • poppy123456
    You need to check the letter he's received because if it's disregarded for the length of the ESA claim then it will tell him on the letter.
  • Duketrinity
    thank you again, it’s a mindfield!
  • popples2
    popples2 said:
    Hi everyone 

Hi,

The forms are sent to everyone that transferred from IB to ESA regardless of whether they qualify or not. Some people have returned the form to find out they weren't entitled to any backdated money.

I'm not sure why it's up until now either because Income Support is a means tested benefit. I would have understood if it was up until you claimed Income Support.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to answer your question as to whether you will be owed any money from when you were claiming the ESA (WRAG). To know for sure then you'll need to fill out the form and return it. Decisions are taking longer than 12 weeks because there's huge backlogs.

Thank you , what sort of payouts are people getting if eligible? If I do get a back dated premium would it be the single person or couple? The claim was  in just my name as it was migrating although they were perfectly aware I was married. 

Thank you you once again 
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2019
    popples2 said:

Thank you , what sort of payouts are people getting if eligible? If I do get a back dated premium would it be the single person or couple? The claim was  in just my name as it was migrating although they were perfectly aware I was married. 

Thank you you once again 
    Payments vary for everyone. You say you were married, did your partner work at all? or did they claim any other benefits?
  • popples2
    He was migrating himself from incapacity but went to contribution then to income support... he has mobility issues but is my carer.
  • poppy123456
    popples2 said:
    He was migrating himself from incapacity but went to contribution then to income support... he has mobility issues but is my carer.
    That tells me that it's possible you won't be entitled to any income related top up on your Contributions based ESA.

As he was claiming Contributions based ESA himself and then Income Support both of these are classed as Income £1 for £1 when calculating any income related top up. As the Enhanced disability premium is approx £16 per week (less in previous years) the benefits he's claimed will be more than this. You will of course need to wait for the decision to know for sure.
  • popples2
    popples2 said:
    Hi everyone 

Hi,

• popples2
    my  husband didn’t receive the form only myself, he phoned them and was told he was not entitled so it’s odd I  got it instead, I phoned them and asked if it was worth me applying and I was told yes could be worth thousands..I’m now wondering whether to bother. 
  • poppy123456
    They are sending the forms to everyone that transferred from IB to ESA, whether they're owed money or not.

I'm no expert and i don't know all of your circumstances but based on what you said, with the benefits he claimed/is claiming then it's most likely you won't be entitled. However, unless you're 100% certain that they don't owe you any money then it's always worth filling the form in.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi sorry to jump on this post wondering if anyone can help in regards to whether I might be eligible phoned the dwp and they sent this letter since these dates I still live alone and have no savings or partner thanks any info much appreciated from 12/4/12 CB ESA 118 per week,11/4/14 CB ESA 120 a week, 10/4/14 123.15 per week does anyone know if this amount includes premium please

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.