Won pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won pip tribunal

Options
sparky888
sparky888 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Can anyone help here I won my pip tribunal after ten months of fighting and dwp lying saying I could do things on my own and giving me 0 points I suffer from severe depression and anxiety this whole ordeal has made me worse and now I won my appeal on the 11th of April I'm worried again that the dwp will take more time to pay me my pip backdated money I'm thankful the courts did there job right and seen how bad my condition is that I have suffered for over 15 years but I'm also worried the dwp will appeal and try to overturn this decision hoe often does this happen after courts say you should get pip? The dwp tried to lie about how bad my condition is so worried they may try something else now I won my case

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news. It can take 8 weeks to receive your backdated money.

DWP have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. Once they receive this, they then have to find an error in law before they can appeal the decision. They do sometimes request the SOR, if they do it doesn't mean they will appeal. They will contact you if they request it.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before you receive what you're owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sparky888
    sparky888 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your answer and sorry this has went up numerous times don't know why how often do they appeal as the court hasn't made any mistake and they seen what the dwp tried to lie about and what is an SOR does that delay my payments and backdated money 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    SOR is Statement of reasons. If DWP do request this then yes there will be a further delay on backdated payments and your award starting. I have no idea how often they appeal but as i advised, asking for the SOR doesn't mean they are appealing because they can't without the error in law.

It's only been 10 days since your hearing so it could be quite a few weeks yet before you receive money owed. There's nothing more you can but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    How long can payments be backdated for?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sparky888 welcome to the community! Congratulations on a successful tribunal! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    Options
    michfinch said:
    How long can payments be backdated for?
    They are backdated to when the original decision was made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.