Seavley disability payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Seavley disability payment

kass
kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
Hi all
I have not been on hear for abit now but I just want to ask abit of advice 

I was on Seavley disability payment untill till last year when it stoped I get pip standered rate care I have a husband but he's on a Visa and can't claim no Benifits by law he not in good health his self and it says if you live with someone you can't get the bènifit Seavley disability payment unless u both get the disability payments he can't really look after me 

I just want to know dose it still stand that I can't claim the Seavley disability payment or dose it chang if he is not in good heath his self to look after me 

Thank You 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Of anyone lives with you you can’t claim it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid it makes no difference, you won't be able to claim the severe disability premium unless your husband claims a qualifying benefit himself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kass
    Thanks anyway for replying he can't claim any qualifying Benifits he's not allowed to do so  
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Dotty123 Not actually true. Although in this case @kass can't claim it because of her husband, in some cases you can get SDP when you live with others. I do.
  • kass
    Hi waylay 

I have hard of this before in some case you can claim SDP but I don't know what cases it comes under 

Like I said before my husband don't get any qualifying Benifits he's not allowed by law  he's on a visa 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes indeed, in some cases when living with others it's possible to claim it. For example, if you live with a partner that also claims a qualifying benefit or if you live with dependents that you claim child benefit for, or you house share with others but pay your share of the rent because you're named on a tenancy agreement. (except in cases where it's immediate family).  This means you're "classed as living alone" Unfortunately because you live with your husband this means you're not entitled to the SDP, even though your husband isn't entitled to any benefits in his own right.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness