Hi, my name is Nana2three! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nana2three!

Options
Nana2three
Nana2three Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Thank you for accepting me into the group x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Nana2three
    Options
    Hi Ami, I have had severe Copd for 10 years which has got a lot worse, I have just been also diagnosed with Osteopenia verging on Osteoporosis. I am currently suffering from depression mainly caused by my bosses not understanding and making reasonable adjustments. I am 63 so only had three years to work until retirement but this won’t happen now as I can’t carry on.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @Nana2three I can completely empathise with you as I was dismissed due to my health deteriorating and they didn't provide any reasonable adjustments. The weeks leading up to being signed off sick, I kept my manages up to date with any updates of a diagnosis or appointments to then find out they had been telling my area manager that I had not been notifying them.

When they dismissed me in June 2017, I hit rock bottom, I was severely depressed and suicidal because I thoroughly loved my job.

Volunteering is very close to my heart, have you volunteered in a shop or online before?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three, welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Nana2three
    Options
    Hi Adrian
    Yes I am on antidepressants, don’t like taking them but feel so low I am having to.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Nana2three, I can definitely understand that. Please let us know if there's anything we can to support you and if you need any advice.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Nana2three :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness