PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

cookie70
cookie70 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Went to one 6 November which the letter got back was full lies have been told today after sent away Mandatory 7 weeks ago that they looked at will get word in few days what there dission is finger cross win this don't have go to tribunial again like had 3 years to get my PIP

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I'm sorry to hear this @cookie70, fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for. We'll be here to help regardless, so please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.
  • cookie70
    cookie70 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Got my mandatory back as well so have to get all medical notes letter from my doctor letter from phocolgist for now the wait again to go to tribunal which has made me really depressed 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this @cookie70 :( You're not alone has many of our community members have experienced the tribunal process. We will help you as much as we can, even if you would just like to talk, we will be here :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    I feel your pain I am in the same boat, good luck hope it goes well, did they consider your medical reports at all? I have been going through the same, during the assessment the medical reports were not read, and just ignored, she may have read them later but that was no good as nothing about any conclusions given could be discussed as we had left.
    It so sad when they ask you how do you manage, you reply, then the consultation report looks like someone else's description
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    cookie70 said:
    Got my mandatory back as well so have to get all medical notes letter from my doctor letter from phocolgist for now the wait again to go to tribunal which has made me really depressed 
    Why did you not send all of that to the DWP before the assessment?
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    twonker said:
    cookie70 said:
    I swear you told me they literally don’t acknowledge medical notes so why you going onto him/her for not doing it sooner? 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    twonker said:
    cookie70 said:
    I swear you told me they literally don’t acknowledge medical notes so why you going onto him/her for not doing it sooner? 
    There's a difference in sending them in and not being looked at and not sending them in at all.
    It doesn't matter if they look or use the evidence, the fact that you send it in can only help if you go to appeal. The fact that a judge will see that you have done all you can will go in your favour.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    If you read through the forums someone had a good PIP outcome with no paperwork at all, very rare and probably very lucky, they probably bought a lotto ticket and live abroad now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.