CARL58 medical records — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CARL58 medical records

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
I've just been in touch the CARL58 doctor's surgery about access to his medical records, the earliest is 14th June,one because it's not a doctor's appointment,two you get to see them with the surgeries manager,told them needed them before that still june.so it will be June.why is this country so hard to get access to things do they think where run off with them,we also wanted copies of his recent x-rays once the doctor has looked at them,typed out his findings we don't keep the x-rays.well can we have a letter please.that will cost you £25 ok if that's the case 10 to 14 days just for a drs letter.anymore of this negativity, I'll be as puddled as CARL58,I don't mean that but every way you turn you hit a wall jen

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Is Carl registered on line with his GP ?
    You should be able to get a digital copy of Carls medical records free of charge
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    some GP's offer this service, some don't i know as mine don't which means you need to either go online and fill in a form and get them, here's the link https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/access-to-personal-information

you may need to find the link in your own area, as each trust is different, but all NHS offer the same service.

here's the spam and good luck,

Access to personal information

You have the right to ask for a copy of your health records and any other personal information that we may hold about you, such as employment or training records.

Such requests will be dealt with as a subject access request under Data Protection legislation. We are obliged to provide within 30 days unless an exemption applies.

Limited rights of access to health records of a deceased person are provided under the Access to Health Records Act 1990.

• CARL58
    cockneyrebel thanks for that,but due to his trust issues which are severe sensitive information like that he wouldn't trust online, doesn't even trust banking on line,he doesn't trust anything like that,he was taken to the cleaner's once not his fault they basically cleaned out an account,it wasn't till bank decided to contact him that we knew anything about it,it was shocking took a while to get monies back.he won't even have a mobile phone due to trust issues,has lifeline 24 care alarm connected to phone line,but no telephone it's all to do with past trauma.which I can't go into,jen
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Digital copies of medical records are free whether you have online access or not. They only charge if you need paper copies of any medical records.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CARL58
    Poppy 1233456 thanks for the information,we want paper copies so I can Chuck them at pip also for the legal team, I've got in place ijust incase there needed,CARL58 tells me to get off my high horse,but I don't think we'll I know he's not sure what's going on,I can tell him but he's forgotten within a couple of minutes,this what people don't see,the past he can remember but the last 20yrs he really struggles with, now he couldn't even tell what he had for breakfast or dinner I've had him checked for alzimehers if I've spelt it right,but there not really sure at the moment in time because of his brain injury jen

Brightness