ESA Ni claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Ni claim

Options
fibro1
fibro1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi, 
I am in receipt of ESA and in the support group but i only have a NI only claim, they pay me no money at all.
They have sent me a letter asking me to attend a medical assessment, i can not attend as i have no money to even get there. Does anyone no what will happen if i cant go, will they just stop paying my NI ,and will my claim then be closed, if so what happens next?  
Thank you 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @fibro1
    The best thing you can do is telephone the DWP and explain your situation.They will be able to advise you as to what to do.Be aware though that the assessments are compulsory in order for your claim to be accepted.Good luck
        Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Even though you don't receive any money you still have to attend assessment reviews because you're claiming for NI contributions towards your state pension. If you don't attend then you'll be found fit for work and your NI contributions will stop and your claim will end.

I'm assuming you live with a partner that works and you were claiming Income Related ESA previously, is that why you don't receive any money at all?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fibro1
    fibro1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your replies its much appreciated.
     Yes i moved in with my partner who works and they stopped all the money i was receiving as he was £40 over the limit for me to keep receiving it. Im now looking to working 10 hours a week just so i have some income as we are seriously struggling to pay everything and provide for my son. So i'm thinking i may have no choice but to work a few hours a day although this will be extremely hard for me to deal with, i dont think i have much choice. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.