Hi, my name is Jesssel! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jesssel!

Jesssel
Jesssel Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I like to say Hi to everyone. 
Up till I was 45 I worked kept my house in order, plus I was living with my two grown up children, that all changed in 2012, I went into Hospital in agony took appendix out I was in and out of the place, they saying nothing wrong with me said I had a test here 4 years ok I’m going to cut this short, 4 years pervious there was a lump never called back when they finally found my records I was T4 cancer last stages again mega chaos I ended up in another Hospital who saved my life, but little did I know what impact the whole of the operation chemotherapy wud have on me, won’t moan I’m here my husband passed away with cancer 17 years ago age 34 A massive loss, so I didn’t think for one minute I’d have it, but I made it with wat I’d say life changing, 6&half years I’ve nerve damage in my hands & feet, plus flushes so I have not really been anywhere or done a lot I joined today as my family have their own life’s now, so I thought of coming on here and making friends,which everyday is a bonus or the same routine, reaching out to talk to others, as I’m sure my friends don’t want me to do nothing they have encouraged me to join so here I am, anybody wants to let of steam or just a chat with someone other than my dogs, I will look forward to meeting new people in the same position as myself. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Jesssel  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for your post and your positivity.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

You have come to the right place for information, support and friendship.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Feel free to join in discussions. 

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Happy to chat with you. Be supportive anytime.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jesssel welcome to the community! I am so sorry to hear what you have been through. I have severe nerve damage throughout parts of my body which can be very painful. 

We are a friendly bunch and I look forward to seeing you around on the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Jesssel
    You have been through so much, Im glad you have joined us here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness