Can I get my premiums back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get my premiums back?

llenny23
llenny23 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was going through my pip appeal when I had to claim universal credits witch I had to make as was on jsa and was not looking for work so I made the claim last month six days later I got a text message from pip saying the dwp have over turned my pip decision so they back dated my pip my premiums but now cause I am on universel credits I lose my premiums I have been told I can’t go back on job seekers so I don’t know what to do as was using my premiums to pay someone to come and help me ie do my shopping take me appointments and things like that due to my anxiety and depression I feel that I was forced onto uc and now I not get my premiums I don’t know what to do next

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @llenny23 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Unfortunately, once claiming Universal Credit, you cannot go back. Have you had a look at the information provided in Universal Credit? Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • llenny23
    llenny23 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    So does anyone know what steps I need to take so I can try get my premiums back or is there nothing I can do 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I am unsure however our community members will be in contact with you soon to advise :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do that will get you those premiums back. Once you claim UC you simply can't go back onto the old benefits and the premiums don't exist on UC.

For your UC claim if you have a limited capability for work then you could send in fit/sick notes from your GP and this will start the limited capability for work process. You'll need evidence to support your claim and you'll most likely have to attend a work capability assessment. Once a decision is made if you're given limited capability for work related activity then you'll receive an extra £328 per month payable from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit note.

Other than this, i'm afraid there's nothing more you can do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.