If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Can I get my premiums back?

llenny23llenny23 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I was going through my pip appeal when I had to claim universal credits witch I had to make as was on jsa and was not looking for work so I made the claim last month six days later I got a text message from pip saying the dwp have over turned my pip decision so they back dated my pip my premiums but now cause I am on universel credits I lose my premiums I have been told I can’t go back on job seekers so I don’t know what to do as was using my premiums to pay someone to come and help me ie do my shopping take me appointments and things like that due to my anxiety and depression I feel that I was forced onto uc and now I not get my premiums I don’t know what to do next


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,903 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @llenny23 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Unfortunately, once claiming Universal Credit, you cannot go back. Have you had a look at the information provided in Universal Credit? Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • llenny23llenny23 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    So does anyone know what steps I need to take so I can try get my premiums back or is there nothing I can do 
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,903 Disability Gamechanger
    I am unsure however our community members will be in contact with you soon to advise :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,839 Disability Gamechanger

    Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do that will get you those premiums back. Once you claim UC you simply can't go back onto the old benefits and the premiums don't exist on UC.

    For your UC claim if you have a limited capability for work then you could send in fit/sick notes from your GP and this will start the limited capability for work process. You'll need evidence to support your claim and you'll most likely have to attend a work capability assessment. Once a decision is made if you're given limited capability for work related activity then you'll receive an extra £328 per month payable from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit note.

    Other than this, i'm afraid there's nothing more you can do.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.