Abit lost what since Dr been and CARL58 snoring away — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Abit lost what since Dr been and CARL58 snoring away

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi I'm not use to having time on my hands, CARL58 snoring away must be good stuff the gp gave him this evening,Q10 reading is posing me abit of problem reading,he needs help understanding certain sign's like how to pronounce them and realise what they actually mean this can take him 10mins just starring and working it out til his brain click's.,same with certain words he will ask me for the meaning, certain symbols especially one's he's never seen before,a timetable he's no chance his brain sees them different due to his brain injury, aload of mumbo jumbo as he calls it,gets flustered and annoyed because he will say I should know but the brain doesn't compute it jen

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    Hi,

Q10..Activity 8. Reading and understanding signs and symbols.

If Carl can read then he won't score any points in this descriptor.

This activity considers the claimant’s ability to read and understand written or printed information in the person’s native language. To be considered able to read, claimants must be able to see the information – accessing information via Braille is not considered as reading for this activity.

If the claimant cannot read, this must be as a direct result of their health condition or impairment e.g. visual impairment, cognitive impairment, learning disability. Illiteracy or lack of familiarity with written English are not health conditions and should not be considered, except where they arise as a consequence of a sensory or cognitive impairment.

Notes

The ability to remember and retain information is not within the scope of this activity.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Poppy123456 thank you that's helped take care jen

Brightness