Appeal result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal result

Options
Bevvy7andover
Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
hey everyone, 
last time I posted for myself it was about the pip assessment fiasco and the resulting result being an assessment that was nothing like how  the actual appointment went resulting in my losing ALL my motability points I went from 14 points to zero! Then the mandatorily assessment ignored every point I made resulting in my having to return my car and wait god knows how long for the appeal hearing, on my granddaughters birthday the infamous brown envelope was in the mail - I couldn’t open it I was soo scared of what it may say and when I would be going to Southampton for my appeal hearing so I asked my sister to open it for me, I was staggered they actually read what evidence I had sent when asking for the appeal and awarded me 15 points!!
why can’t they have let me keep my car I had to get a loan to buy a car and put myself into a financial bind!
it must cost thousands for the motability side to recall cars I only had mine 18 months and now I have won my appeal do so I restart the process of getting another car only to lose it in 18 months again???
so friends out there don’t give up hope I bit the bullet and went to appeal and didn’t have to go in the end because they actually listened to me and vitally important they read my evidence resulting in not having to go through the stress of sitting in front of 3 people and baring your soul and praying they listen to you!
 I’m chuffed but also angry -it should NEVER come to this! Someone needs to see why assessors are not listening to the people they are assessing and writing their views totally different to what actually was said!

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    your not alone, i'm in the same boat, 5 assessments done over 20 years with all but one scoring the right number of points to only get a nurse this time who said i got 0 this time, so makes me wonder why i was given it 4 times in the past, as i'm getting worse with age not better, not a single piece of evidence was mentioned, so 80 pages of waste paper and in the assessments because of the nerves, i spoke to much, part of an issue i have with talking in general, with questions loaded, wrong replies and written answers from me which tbh are only part of what i said and mentioned, a farce, so now lost the lot and have appealed, but also as of yet, as it was only on the 14th the letter came and told me, not heard anything back, so good luck, stay strong, your not on your own, and yes i know how it feels, no free meds while i fight them for a Tribunal,. no access to JSA, UC the new one no wants to be on, so i'm at a lost until i at least get a Tribunal date, seems atm some walk it while others get turned away, and tbh i can see any of it making much if any sense either
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Bevvy7andover - you can only get a car through the Motability scheme by paying via your higher rate mobility award. 

I imagine the thinking is that if they allow you to keep the car whilst waiting for tribunal then, if you lose, they would have to recover the cost from you.

I'd stick with the car that you've got - it's yours, and you don't have to worry about tribunal etc...
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    it should NEVER come to this! Someone needs to see why assessors are not listening to the people they are assessing and writing their views totally different to what actually was said!
    When being assessed the assessor IS listening to you but they do have their opinion which may well be different to what you are saying. If the assessor was to write their report on what the claimant says everyone would be getting an award.
    'I can't walk more than 2 metres without being in extreme pain and along with the extreme anxiety and terrible depression I never get out of bed'
    The assessor would have to draw her/his own conclusions on a statement like that by way of questioning and observation. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    cristobal said:
    @Bevvy7andover - you can only get a car through the Motability scheme by paying via your higher rate mobility award. 

I imagine the thinking is that if they allow you to keep the car whilst waiting for tribunal then, if you lose, they would have to recover the cost from you.

I'd stick with the car that you've got - it's yours, and you don't have to worry about tribunal etc...
    Agree. PIP is liable to be removed at any review. The attraction of Motability has gone for most. Much better to buy your own.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.