pension credit age — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pension credit age

Options
ROLLERBALL
ROLLERBALL Scope Member Posts: 13 Courageous
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello.i will be aged 65 in july of this year so at what age will i be able to apply for pension creduit that arrives befor the normal state pension?.eny type of feedback on this subject would be helpfull.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello and welcome, have you tried to look on line? Type in your question and you will get all the information you need from a government site which you can download and review at your leisure. just checked and the government site has all the details and a calculator to workout what you might get or be entitled to, good luck hope you find what your looking for.
  • ROLLERBALL
    ROLLERBALL Scope Member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    a goverment site?.ok.thank you.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    hello.i will be aged 65 in july of this year so at what age will i be able to apply for pension creduit that arrives befor the normal state pension?.eny type of feedback on this subject would be helpfull.
    https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

Use the above calculator to see what your retirement age is and when you can claim Pension Credit. If you have a husband/wife who is younger than you then different rules apply.

Based on the information you have posted you will be able to claim Pension Credit in May 2020. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.