To everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To everyone

Options
CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi feel I need to give you all a break from mine & CARL58 problems, I've come to realise I'm on here alot and where not the only ones with problems.i will be around but not as much,I feel I've made a few nice friends on here,with alot of helpful advice,my priority is to get this pip form done & out of house, because this isn't helping CARL58 the extra stress it's causing him, isn't helping him at all,my concern has to be him he's gone down hill since it came & it's not fair on him,he already struggles daily,but I shall make it known even though they won't care,it's soul destroying that everyone has to go through such an unfair assessment,it's so one sided you have battle to get extra help take care all jen

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jen, please take care of yourself and remember we will always be here for you both :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    take care, and i like the fact that others are in the same boat, yes i know that sounds bad, but then your all in it together, keeping problems in and to yourself is no good to anyone, here you can share and not feel so alone, and let off steam without judgement to others in the same boat, and not be told off, or feel left out or odd or the strange one in the corner.

at least here readings others posts, i know i'm not as bad off as i thought i was when i failed mine, seems the same thing happens to more than a few, so while i feel sorry for everyone in the same place going through the mental turmoil etc, for me it's good not to be on my own, as that's a burden i can't cope with, knowing i am one of many, actually helps me, so i keep on fighting, keep on living, and survive each day as it comes, and take more tablets when i feel low and forget about a odd day every now and then, works for me, so do what ever helps for both of you, take cake
  • CARL58
    Options
    @Ami2301 thank you it's because CARL58 is really struggling understanding these questions,I know the answers but has to put  his input,i have to fill it out because he has difficulty holding a pen,he does try on paper but one it doesn't make sense very repedtive,you just can't read it word's missing,every word is crunched up when he's done enough, right read it back to me he can't understand his own writing it's that bad,he gets so frustrated & upset with himself we have to stop.plus it takes so long.hes mentally exhausted,this is what alot of people don't understand or don't want to try & understand because it's time consuming take care jen
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    at my last assessment, i met a totally blind man, who was with his sister, and was told on the day, right in front of my, i couldn't make it up, he had to sign the form that he is there in attendance, which he did, but first commented, make sure you put the paper under the pen or i'll sign the desk, which made me laugh, and spoke to both of them while waiting, he is NLP, or “no light perception, so not a faker either and takes everything in his stride, i couldn't dream of being in his place or anyone else's for that matter, and brings it all into focus when you hear and read other peoples posts and comments, so when i say i have a bad day and yes also mentally exhausted, can't understand at all how the rest of you with worse conditions cope either, as i'm quite a strong person, but only 10 days from my failed letter, and at times i'm in pieces, as it seems each new days brings another negative letter just to put me down further, so again both of you look after yourself the best you can, fingers crossed and good look sent your way and hope in the end it all works out, as without hope, what else left is there,... survival that's all,.... 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jen

If you need help then we are here for you, usually someone here 24 hrs a day so please don't worry about being here to often.
    There should be no problem with you filling in Carls form as long as you do so from Carls perspective, many advice agencies do this, and then Carl signs it . You probably know all the answers better than Carl anyway and the important thing is to cause minimum stress to him. Please remember to keep a copy before you send it off
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Never be afraid to use the site as much or as little as you are comfortable with. I have also cut down how much I use it as all I seemed to be doing was ranting about yet another bad problem or day and nothing else. I must admit to having missed the connections though so would suggest you don't cut back unless other people complain about you.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • CARL58
    Options
    @CockneyRebel I'll photo copy everything,your all good friends Which I appreciate, CARL58 only has me,no other friends or family,no matter how much you reassure him,about strangers especially Men they make him so terrified,the only way he can protect himself is verbal abuse & aggression,it's been left way to long he knows no different,so rather than cause him distress for his safety & others I've learnt through the years to avoid these situations,it's what others have done to him in the past.tried counselling,after one session because it made him so ill,she stopped it and told me what he went through is so appalling he may never open up,but overtime he most probably will with me.i know there alot more inside him but to much damage,has been done jen
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi Jen, I’m so sorry to read this, we’re always here to support you and Carl, and you’re welcome to post as much and as frequently as you want or need!

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any queries about the PIP form and do keep in touch and let us know how both you and @Carl58 are getting on.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • CARL58
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope thank you everyone's so kind jen
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Jen and Carl58. First time I've talked with you , so to speak. Don't stress over that long-winded form, take your time with lots of breaks. If I remember, you get four weeks to input the information and send it back. If you can cope filling it in for Carl, that would remove some of the stress, when you've had enough of it put out of your mind for a day or two. Go back to it when you're ready. Return the stupid form in time and don't worry about the time it takes DWP to get back to you. Stay well, keep us informed, from time to time if you have any problems .   
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.

Brightness