Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

auds48
auds48 Community member Posts: 41 Connected
just a quick question what information do I need for this and can a carer and any in put to this  for a mandatory reconsideration carer was going to put in information but not sure if this is aloud thanks in advance 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, not an expert but you must focus on the descriptors that you are contesting giving examples of what happens when you try to, or attempt to do the said descriptor, remain focused on these issues and not lies or misrepresentation oo your assessment. 
  • auds48
    Wilko thanks for that 
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    The claimant needs to request the mandatory reconsideration themselves.
    A carer can ring on their behalf to do it yes, but the claimant would need to be with them at the time to go through security questions and give their consent for the carer to speak on their behalf.
    A carer could write a reconsidration request letter for the claimant but the claimant would need to sign it.
    If a third party request is received and ith no evidence the claimant themselves has requested it then, whilst the reconsideration would be registered, before proceeding with it, a case manager would need to have confirmation directly from the claimant that the MR is actually required and would usually ring them.

• auds48
    Thanks for the couple bits of info appreciated thanks 
  • auds48
    Hi I have been to CAB 2day to ask for  MR regarding pip decision they said this would take a few weeks would I be better to wait for mr decision before I complain about asssesment cab thinks it will have to go to tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    That will be your decision but complaints made about the assessment report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Most MR decisions remain the same (19% of decision's change) so yes you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal as most do. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • auds48
    Poppy123456
    Thanks for that can you still do a complaint to asssessment provider even tho you are still waiting on MR decision thanks for info 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you can complain anytime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.