PiP stopped altogether — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP stopped altogether

Jules26
Jules26 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi for the past 5 years I received enhanced pip and had a motability car. Got letter today saying its stopped and my car is to go back. I phoned earlier to ask them to look at the decision again. What do I do know? Been upset all day. Thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jules26 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened! Have you asked for a statement oc reasons?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to put the MR request in writing, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Requesting a copy of the assessment report will help at this stage, if you haven't already got a copy of this.

Did you send evidence to support your claim? If you didn't then you need to send it with the MR request letter. It's your responsibility to send evidence to support your claim. They very rarely contact anyone for this.

Most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jules26
    I've already sent all the evidence with my claim. Do they take back the car straight away?
  • poppy123456
    It will be within a few weeks. Motability will be in touch with you soon and you'll have a date to return it to the dealers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jules26
    Is that still the case if I've asked for a MR?
  • poppy123456
    Yes because you have no mobility award and your PIP payments will stop approximately 4 weeks after the decision was made. There's no mobility award for you to be able to keep the car. I'd advise you to ring motability today to ask what's going to happen and they'll tell you.
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    I think that is disgusting. Please stand up for yourself and take them to court if you have to. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Singing said:
    I think that is disgusting. Please stand up for yourself and take them to court if you have to. 
    What is disgusting? A claimant without an award therefore no money going to Motability but expecting/hoping to keep the car? Who would you suggest pays for it and how?
    Take who to court? Motability? The DWP? Why and on what basis.
    If you mean take the DWP to an appeal Tribunal then yes I agree.
    But even so that will probably take another 12 months before the hearing date. During that time there is still no award in place and no money being paid to Motability.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Some claimants may be offered a cash sum by Motability or be able to retain the car for upto 26 weeks. It is unlikely that a tribunal decision will be made in that time and the car will still have to go back. The 26 weeks is not free, if you wish to rejoin the scheme you will be asked to pay for the 26 weeks out of your backdated lump sum, you cannot have both the use of the car and the money. If you decide not to rejoin then no further action is taken
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to remind you all that we encourage the community to be a supportive place for all. We understand that emotions can be heightened however please be mindful before posting. Thank you.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Singing
    To clarify, it’s disgusting that anyone could even consider taking away somebody’s motability car from them. They are usually specially adapted. My friend tried to take her own life last month, because she could no longer afford her mountability car, and she is deaf and going blind  and does not want to be stuck in the house all day. She loves the outdoors and lives on the main road so because she also has only one leg that has muscle in it due to neurofibromatosis type two, her car is specially adapted so that she can drive with one leg. And also this year she is getting award of the Queen for services to charity, for the fact that she wrote two books for the NHS about Her type of cancer, which is the spine and brain cancer, that starts around puberty, so I have seen my friend to generate over the years, but also she is the most amazing human being and has done so many wonderful things for charity and others and she is so compassionate and kind and sincere in her words and thoughts and deeds and actions. So that is what is disgusting. Anybody thinking that they can decide to ruin her quality of life because she is an angel. With all due respect.
  • Singing
    Luckily, she is also a hero. So even though she had that terrible dark moment because of some unkind person trying to disallow somebody Who needs their car to be able to have access to have their car, She is still a good person and thinks kindly of others. Probably because she has been through so much suffering herself, she is a very deeply compassionate and understanding and kind person. And I love her.
  • Singing
    Then again, she was always a good person, before it all began.
  • Singing
    And please do not worry too, I’ve never read things that come from antagonistic people. Because I grew up with that in my life. And you just literally have to not even read them. People like that all they want to do is wind somebody Up or hurt their feelings or God knows what who cares. All you can really do with people like that is feel sorry for them, because they’ve got things so twisted. And it also must be horrible for them, living in that weird universe. Bye!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Jules26, sorry to read all of this. Have you put in for your MR? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.