PIP MR PA6 report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR PA6 report

2»

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering

Let me tell you how I work that out twonker!

If I have the choice of being in agony and not be able to walk very far, BUT still be able to watch the telly or talk or something.
    OR being drugged up to the eyeballs to the extent of not even being remotely coherent to others and most of the time asleep,
    I absolutely know which one I’d choose....AND I CHOSE PAIN !,

That’s which way I’d “rather have it” !

Is that your expert medical opinion is it ? That I’d have a better life taking medication.

As I said after 10 yrs of medication I gave up as they were ineffective,
    you may have read that in my post !
    So being incoherent and still in pain was NOT an option,
    Another point being; 10yrs of high doses of any medication doesn’t do the liver any good, as I found out to cirrhosis .
    Doctors will tell you that if you ask !

as for the money  ??  “ say £58 a week “ ,  who said I want £58 a week ?
    you have no idea whether I need £2 or £2000 that doesn’t come into it, 
    I find your comments offensive and sanctimonious at best,, your implying I’m only in this for the money,

I cant work and I don’t drive but I need money to get to hospital appointments,
    I shouldn’t have to justify to you if or why I need PIP !

Scenario:
    If I DON’T take medication because I don’t want them,I get marked down as I’m not on medication,
    If I take medication I get marked down as I’m on medication,
    Can you not see what I’m saying ?

Why should anyone have to shovel drugs down their throat to get the help they need ?
    or not apparently!
    Using that as an analogy, Why then are claimants continuously seeing the GP to increase or get more drugs?
    Even to the point some claimants I have heard of actually continually get their monthly prescription supplied but never take the drugs - but it does provide for evidence that the drugs are prescribed which helps with a PIP claim.

I mentioned this in another post on here that an individual I know has prescribed some heavy top line pain relief (initially prescribed by the pain clinic consultant). It was described by one poster that one of these drugs was normally only prescribed for end of life. The individual concerned never takes the stuff but has built up good evidence via his repeat prescription list that he needs it. The result of his PIP claim was Enhanced for both Care & Mobility for an ongoing period.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Each person has the right to decide for themselves whether to take prescription drugs or any other form of relief for their condition.
    GP's / pharmacists should do a regular prescription check to ensure that the correct medication and dose is appropriate for the patient
    If you have evidence that a claimant is abusing the system then you should report it to DWP, but seldom are things as they seem to an outsider
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anyone else remember a poster who mentioned people submitting false claims for  prescriptions?

It was a few months ago but i can't find it..
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Just want to say that walking isn't just about levels of pain, nerve damage does strange things like feeling that your legs don't belong to you, having to suddenly stop and finding you're taking a step sideways before being able to continue forwards. It makes you feel unsafe and as if you're going to fall. I bet assessors don't have a clue what I'm talking about. So if they're just looking for levels of pain with strong pain relief somewhere in their training they need to be told what nerve damage does to your ability to walk safely and reliably.  
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Each person has the right to decide for themselves whether to take prescription drugs or any other form of relief for their condition.
    GP's / pharmacists should do a regular prescription check to ensure that the correct medication and dose is appropriate for the patient
    If you have evidence that a claimant is abusing the system then you should report it to DWP, but seldom are things as they seem to an outsider
    I don't particularly want to get involved . At the end of the day it's what I know V what the claimant will deny.
    There is no argument that he does obtain this medication every month, it's whether he would want to admit what he does with it. 
  • yanhow1
    yanhow1 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    twonker said:

Let me tell you how I work that out twonker!

If I have the choice of being in agony and not be able to walk very far, BUT still be able to watch the telly or talk or something.
    OR being drugged up to the eyeballs to the extent of not even being remotely coherent to others and most of the time asleep,
    I absolutely know which one I’d choose....AND I CHOSE PAIN !,

That’s which way I’d “rather have it” !

Is that your expert medical opinion is it ? That I’d have a better life taking medication.

As I said after 10 yrs of medication I gave up as they were ineffective,
    you may have read that in my post !
    So being incoherent and still in pain was NOT an option,
    Another point being; 10yrs of high doses of any medication doesn’t do the liver any good, as I found out to cirrhosis .
    Doctors will tell you that if you ask !

as for the money  ??  “ say £58 a week “ ,  who said I want £58 a week ?
    you have no idea whether I need £2 or £2000 that doesn’t come into it, 
    I find your comments offensive and sanctimonious at best,, your implying I’m only in this for the money,

I cant work and I don’t drive but I need money to get to hospital appointments,
    I shouldn’t have to justify to you if or why I need PIP !

Scenario:
    If I DON’T take medication because I don’t want them,I get marked down as I’m not on medication,
    If I take medication I get marked down as I’m on medication,
    Can you not see what I’m saying ?

Why should anyone have to shovel drugs down their throat to get the help they need ?
    or not apparently!
    Using that as an analogy, Why then are claimants continuously seeing the GP to increase or get more drugs?
    Even to the point some claimants I have heard of actually continually get their monthly prescription supplied but never take the drugs - but it does provide for evidence that the drugs are prescribed which helps with a PIP claim.

I mentioned this in another post on here that an individual I know has prescribed some heavy top line pain relief (initially prescribed by the pain clinic consultant). It was described by one poster that one of these drugs was normally only prescribed for end of life. The individual concerned never takes the stuff but has built up good evidence via his repeat prescription list that he needs it. The result of his PIP claim was Enhanced for both Care & Mobility for an ongoing period.
    What has any of that got to do with me or anything I said ??
    Unless of course your still implying that I’m trying to scam the dwp like that “someone you know”.

I just told you I took medication for 10yrs and I stopped taking them as they were ineffective, that by no means tells YOU they are still prescribed!
    what I didn’t say was that myself and my consultants made that decision nearly 12yrs ago, I just didn’t think I be having to elaborate or justify that to you.

Also if you have not informed the dwp of the knowledge you have about this so called 
    “individual you know” then shame on you, and stop advising honest people about what they should and shouldn’t do,

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour to say nothing about what you know and there’s no excuse for saying “I don’t want to get involved “!

GET INVOLVED !
    Its no wonder the system is so clogged up when people like you shy away from reporting fraudulent claimants. 

• yanhow1
    yanhow1 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Absolutely right, although if someone doesn’t want to take medication they should info of this at a consultation level and the the medication should not be prescribed,
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    yanhow1 said:
    Absolutely right, although if someone doesn’t want to take medication they should info of this at a consultation level and the the medication should not be prescribed,
    I agree yanhow1. I was on Diclofenac for osteoarthritis and after 20 years, I now have liver problems. I read that Diclofenac causes organ failure and I told my doctor that I didn't want to take it anymore, he agreed and prescribed a milder drug. I have since been diagnosed with a neurological disease, HNPP. I get severe pains and cramps but I will not take any stronger drugs. I would rather put up with the pain, than ruin my liver. I can understand people using as little medication as possible.
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    Yes but what evidence can you supply for memory problems other than a diary, family letter etc if your Doctor has decided tests would not have any positive outcome and even cause distress knowing you are at risk of Dementia as my GP has done with me. For the walking it's a good idea to try and visit your GP who will see any injuries and put them on record. 
    @braca I'm wondering why you are referring to a PA6 for your MR and not a PA5. Did you have 2 MR's? Before anyone says that's not possible you'd be wrong because I managed to get another review after my MR. 
    I completely get what you are saying about the system not being fit for purpose. Most people would say you got the result in the end so what is the problem. However it highlights even more the injustice of the first decision. 

@wildlife My situation was had been waiting approx. 12 weeks for MR result and x amount of money land in my bank account, So I phoned PIP helpline and was told I had been awarded PIP and money was backdated amount with award letter on its way, I then asked for report telling me how they made their decision and expecting PA5 but was sent PA6 report ? My own opinion is that HP at F2F review had not read any of my evidence from Consultant doctors and on looking at PA4 again evidence considered consultation findings was PIP assessment report 2016 and AR1 questionnaire 2018 and under Other NA, 
    Yes there is major problem with system when we are ask to send in supporting  evidence for claim and it is blatantly ignored by HP.
    wildlife reading your posts about not giving up and keep on sending evidence relevant to your claim to Case manager really inspired me in my own claim.

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @braca Good I'm glad I was able to help inspire you to keep going. It sounds like someone messed up with the forms as a normal one off MR has a PA5 report. Mine was just one sheet filled in by a different assessor. Then when I kept ringing DWP asking for a call back because the MR case manager had said in the reasoning that if I sent in more evidence they would be prepared to look at it again. I did that and a PA6 resulted in a higher mobility award. I know this because I did a subject access request for all my documents and these were all sent in the huge amount of paperwork. My mobility was changed to enhanced on the PA6 and I was called by DWP case worker to offer this to me. All along I told them I couldn't cope with waiting to go to tribunal or the ordeal of having one at all. That helped I'm sure to get them to sort it out without. Next January I'm up for review and dreading it but at least I'm more aware of how to fill the form in which I wasn't back then. I learnt as I went along but still have not got justice for the blatant lies on my first report. If I read one more post saying the assessors don't tell lies it's just a difference of opinion I may well scream. If they describe something in detail that you didn't do it's NOT a difference of opinion. If they change all the exercise results and include others you didn't do it's also NOT a difference of opinion. The problem with letting these things be got away with is that they will be carried over to the next review unless you've got a long award. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.