Blue Badge Renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge Renewal

April2018mom
April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
Today as I was leaving a pub in town with the kids in tow, I noticed that my son’s blue badge is due to run out two months from now. My first question is how do I renew it for him? Who do I contact? Any suggestions will be appreciated as well this is my first time renewing. Do I simply dial a number or send a email? How long does it take? I mean the entire process of renewing it. 

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    The no for blue badge renewal is: 0343 100 100.

Or you can renew on line and fill in their form. 
    They may need a new photo of your son. Also proof that he's entiteled yo use a bluebadge. And the fee 

There shouldn't be any.problems 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You won’t get a reminder to renew your blue badge. If your son qualifies automatically for a blue badge he will get a replacement other may need a reassessment as a lot of councils have differences in how they-award badges.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Online is the quickest and easiest way to renew. If he automatically qualifies you'll need to send the evidence and payment needs to be made before they send the badge out to you. It can take a few weeks so don't leave it to the last minute to do it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    Thank you. I have filled out the form and will wait for a response. 
  • Misscleo
  • April2018mom
    I gave them a call today. Unfortunately they can’t answer my question. So instead I’m going to try emailing them later this week. 
  • Misscleo
    "They can't answer your question?

How did you word it?
    Did they say you need a new photo for your son?
    Did they say send the fee?
    Did they ask for proof? 
    Are they posting a form  to you?
  • April2018mom
    Let’s take your questions one by one. 
    1- I asked them for a form to be sent to my apartment. 
    2- I had very little time to ask questions as I was at work when I made the call. It was a brief call as I only had five minutes. It was lunch time and I was making a sandwich for the kids to eat.  
    3- My plan is to email back tomorrow with some new questions that are unanswered. 
    4-They didn’t ask for proof. I’ll send them some evidence anyway in case. 

• lucysam5
    lucysam5 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi can you give me some advice i had been on  D L A since 2000 till 2018 may i got turned down on pip  i suffer with ostioproisse in the hips cerebral palsy & spina bifada i went for assaement  for E S A   Allowance &  that was approved  i have the blue badge but have motability car until it goes back so will be allowed a new blue badge or not it runs out in August  this year so can you give me some advice 
  • lozzyholland
    lozzyholland Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    you will only be entitled to blue badge if u get a higher rate dla or mobility part of pip.  also appeal your pip decision.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You can apply to your local council for a Blue Badge. Each have their own assessment and criteria
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lucysam5
    lucysam5 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Thanks for your help 

Brightness