How long did people wait to get EDP backdated payments? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long did people wait to get EDP backdated payments?

2»

Comments

• deelea67
    deelea67 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi poppy i filled out the form from the benefit office in november and received a call asking me a few questions i missed off on the form on the 17th dece 2018 if im owed anything they said  they would let me no within 12 wks..
    Not heard anything yet....
    Do you think il be owed anything as i was on incapacity n switched 2 esa contribution  in 2011 till 2017...i used to get £227 every 2weeks then from
    Dec 2017 went up to £360 every 2weeks ....then on 28th Dec 2018 got a letter saying esa will be £118 week because  we cannot pay u cus uve reached the maximum of 365  days.....but last Wednesday i got another form  asking me to fill out it was for severe disablement preimum i filled it in sent it back  last week....just not good on the phone and dont like to bother them...any advice would be appreciated .... all confusing this 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019

It's impossible to give any advice like this on an internet forum because no one knows your exact circumstances. The SDP form is very simple and takes just a few minutes to fill in. My advice is to fill it out and return it and let DWP assess you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deelea67
    deelea67 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thank you poppy ive filled the sdp in sent it back last week hopefully il  hear sumat next week  ....all confusing thanks  anyways x
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    I can remember claiming Incapacity Benefit & since hearing about the back payments, I await response from DWP to see if I am going to be getting any. I also have heard we will be having to wait up to the end of 2019 to see if we will be entitled to any. If we were claiming Incapacity should we be expecting anything?
  • poppy123456
    telscope said:
    I can remember claiming Incapacity Benefit & since hearing about the back payments, I await response from DWP to see if I am going to be getting any. I also have heard we will be having to wait up to the end of 2019 to see if we will be entitled to any. If we were claiming Incapacity should we be expecting anything?
    All those that transferred from IB to ESA will at some point in the future be contacted by DWP. They will send you an ESA3 form to fill in and return with all your details. Once this is returned by the date stated in the letter you'll be assessed for the income related top up. Decisions can take 12 weeks.

It's impossible to answer your questions on an internet forum with no information about your circumstances. You'll need to wait to be contacted then assessed by DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rye
    rye Community member Posts: 6 Courageous
    I received my letter on 7th December sent it back and got a call in January to say they have received my forms.
    Since then I've heard nothing so hopefully something will develop pretty soon. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @rye, you should hopefully hear soon but it might be worth giving them a call, they may be able to give you an estimate. Let us know if you hear anything!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Julese66
    Julese66 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited April 2019
    Hi all, I was on  incapacity benefit for over 10yrs and last October 2018 I received  a call from ESA saying they were sending me a form out for ESA.
    I've now been awarded esa from March of 2019. But for over 10 years I was on incapacity benefit they never told me about ESA? Am I owed any back payment?
    I’d appreciate any advice please? I have written to ESA March 26th 2019. But not heard anything and to be honest I don’t really trust them after years of being treated badly and messed around with them.
    many thanks x

• poppy123456
    Julese66 said:
    Hi all, I was on  incapacity benefit for over 10yrs and last October 2018 I received  a call from ESA saying they were sending me a form out for ESA.
    I've now been awarded esa from March of 2019. But for over 10 years I was on incapacity benefit they never told me about ESA? Am I owed any back payment?
    I’d appreciate any advice please? I have written to ESA March 26th 2019. But not heard anything and to be honest I don’t really trust them after years of being treated badly and messed around with them.
    many thanks x

Hi,

Do you mean you transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA? What ESA were you awarded from March this year?
  • Julese66
    Yes transferred on to ESA from incapacity benefit.
    The ESA I’ve been awarded is income-related ESA. I don’t have to take part in any work-related activity?
     Thank you 
  • Julese66
    Julese66 said:
    The ESA I’ve been awarded is income-related ESA. I don’t have to take part in any work-related activity?
     Thank you 
    I receive £163.15 per week on ESA now.
    but when I was on Incapacity I didn’t receive this!?
    it was no where near this!
    what I don’t understand is why it’s taken them over 10yrs to swap me over to ESA?

• Julese66
    Julese66 said:
    many thanks x

Hi,

Do you mean you transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA? What ESA were you awarded from March this year?
     Thank you 
  • Julese66
    Julese66 said:
    Julese66 said:
    many thanks x

Hi,

Thank you 
    I receive £163.15 per week on ESA now.
    but when I was on Incapacity I didn’t receive this!?
    it was no where near this!
    what I don’t understand is why it’s taken them over 10yrs to swap me over to ESA?
  • poppy123456
    You and thousands of other people are exactly the same. When people transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA they were automatically placed onto Contributions based and weren't assessed for any Income related top up. There was a huge mistake made by DWP and they're in the process of assessing thousands of people.

Many people have already received back dated money relating to this. It can take 12 weeks or more to be assessed and for DWP to pay any backdated money owed. Once a decision's been made they will write to you with a decision letter. If they owe you any money you'll be paid what you're owed backdated to November 2011. Hopefully it won't be too long.
  • Julese66
    You and thousands of other people are exactly the same. When people transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA they were automatically placed onto Contributions based and weren't assessed for any Income related top up. There was a huge mistake made by DWP and they're in the process of assessing thousands of people.

Many people have already received back dated money relating to this. It can take 12 weeks or more to be assessed and for DWP to pay any backdated money owed. Once a decision's been made they will write to you with a decision letter. If they owe you any money you'll be paid what you're owed backdated to November 2011. Hopefully it won't be too long.
    Many thanks ?? 
    I really appreciate your help. ?
  • lea2006
    lea2006 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi got a
    letter from
    dwp about the esa arrears asking me for my bank details over a
    week
    ago how long does it take ? 
  • lea2006
    lea2006 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I’ve already had the assessment over phone and paperwork I had to send back :-)
  • poppy123456
    lea2006 said:
    Hi got a
    letter from
    dwp about the esa arrears asking me for my bank details over a
    week
    ago how long does it take ? 

Hi,

I answered your question on your other thread. Posting the same question on multiple threads causes confusion and the answer will remain the same. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67761/hi-my-name-is-lea2006#latest

• Skiptonbabe
    Skiptonbabe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm at 25 weeks and counting, spoke to them before Christmas and was told they were waiting for documents in archive, gonna phone them tomorrow
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Skiptonbabe and a warm welcome to the community! Were you able to get through to them? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.