Pip - Reapply or go to tribunal ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - Reapply or go to tribunal ?

Singing
Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, please can you tell me if it is more advisable to reapply for PIP, or to take it to tribunal?  I just want to win it back. And I am fully aware that the DWP are against me. Which route is the most likely? Thank you. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    I'd get advice from Welfare Rights, CAB or anything other advice centres you have in your area that can help with benefits.

Check google for advice centres in your area. I know not all areas are lucky to have the but it's worth having a look.

Here's a search for CAB - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Re-applying using the same evidence you previously used will most likely see you being refused again. It's always worth taking it to Tribunal rather than starting a new claim. Tribunal waiting times are long but always worth the wait. My advice is take it to Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    I agree. Re-applying is just going through the same process again with people who have already turned it down or know you've recently been turned down. Because so many cases are overturned at tribunal the odds of a successful outcome are bound to be much higher. 
  • Singing
    Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
    Ok Thank you - Because my support worker wanted to reapply. But from my experience of what actually happens or has happened I can see no way how that would be worth my time and energy. Thank you for your advice I appreciate it thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.