Not disabled but temp out of action — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not disabled but temp out of action

Sue52
Sue52 Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
Hi all, not posted for quite a while. Had lots happening . Short and sweet.. Arthritis got so much worse... My dad died from alzhiemers.. My daughter had a beautiful baby girl ??, my son has moved back home and is the devil child ?, so blinking hard to live with ... To top it all had phuemonia back in March and have now been told that I need both heart valves replaced ... One is blocked completely and the other is leaking .... So I am now off work waiting for that call.... Arthritis is flaring up again... I will be honest I am so scared... Keep going on the dreaded Google which fills you with horror stories ... X 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    I had a heart valve replaced 2.5 years ago, apart from getting a chest infection that put me in ICU for 6 days (smoker) it went really well, but it did take me longer to recover than I hoped it might, just do as they tell you and all will be well, best not read the horror stories on google.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sue52 I am sorry for all that you have been through, however many congratulations on the arrival of your grandchild! Anytime you need a chat, we are always here :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    What a start to your year Sue.( granny :) ) .....my mother had a quadruple bypass ....she was fine after it . It's hard living with someone in the house when your used to " doing your own thing" ...and....please stop reading scare stories . Of course you want as much information as possible so you will keep reading Google.  Just go forward with a positive attitude . Of course you are scared , but heart operations happen every day of the week ....those surgeons are amazing people . Good luck and please let us know how it goes Sue 
  • Sue52
    Thank you all. I was thinking I may ring work and ask to go back on light duties whilst I wait what do u all think ? X 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Sue52, if you feel up to it (and your doctor agrees) then you should, it can be a great distraction and try to stay off of Google! ;)

Huge congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter, how old is she now?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sue52
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
    she is 3 months old and a little beauty thank u for asking.. I am going to speak to work as the thought of sitting around for 2 months waiting and then 2 more recovering fills me with horror x 

Brightness