How long for Mandatory Reconsideration decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for Mandatory Reconsideration decision?

ilovecats001
ilovecats001 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Does anyone know the timescale for a Mandatory Reconsideration? I'm in Northern Ireland.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decision. It depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • flounder35
    flounder35 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I had a text to say they had received my MR, and they would contact me within 6 weeks, but think this is a standard message they send, the date I sent it and the date they say the received it is a difference of 2 weeks, so for me I have waited 7 weeks but going by them it's 5 weeks, but from other people I gather it can be months, so am not holding breath.
    Xxx
  • amyfibro
    amyfibro Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    In the midlands its taking upto 12 weeks!
  • braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Mine took 12 weeks approx. and I kept sending evidence relevant to my claim at time of F2F review until DWP sent letter saying we now have all information needed to make decision. I also showed that my PIP review HP had not read further evidence supplied by myself that was conveniently ignored and HP used quotes from myself and partner to address report to suit herself in not awarding me my entitlement. When my MR was sent into DWP they in turn sent this back to assessment provider for rework and who I think was supervisor HP read all my supporting evidence resulting in award of PIP, Can I ask was HP at my F2F under time restraint imposed by her own management that could have put her under pressure to ignore evidence in order to make her own report look professional and deny me PIP award.

Now in my PA4 report evidence considered alongside consultation findings.

PIP assessment report 2016.

AR1 questionnaire.

Other N/A. So this proves that HP did not use up to date medical evidence that would show that my circumstances had changed  ( Pain, Medication, and mental health issues ) due to Major operation and family bereavements this has had huge impact on quality of my life and can no longer function on daily basis with household tasks and feel so isolated from close family and friends.

In my opinion the HP did not do her duties to show care and empathy to claimant and only cared about getting her own report back to own management to ensure it went through audit.

Can I just say that HP made justification on report for dressing and undressing, needs aids  to dress ( should be descriptor B but marked descriptor A ) And DWP Case manager did not pick on this when making decision ? Is it any wonder why so many people are up in arms and that whole Benefits system is Flawed and not fit for Purpose... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.